SKX modding under way.

motown

Tyme Teller
Founding Member
Watched a few videos. Got a cheap press from Harbor Freight. Figured I give it a go. Didn't order any parts until I knew I could get everything apart. Bezel popped right off just like in the videos. Crystal popped right out just like in the videos. Not doing anything drastic. Just a different color chapter ring and a lumed ceramic bezel insert. My crystal was flawless so no sapphire crystal this time. Here's everything taken apart. I am now waiting on the new parts.
49013047543_5c38b123b9_c.jpg

If I don't update this thread with the finished product, something went wrong. LOL

Good luck sir. I have done a lot of hand swaps, movement changes, crystal replacements, etc. That being said, I just ordered a custom mod SKX from a company I found on eBay. Should know more on the 15th about shipping and what not.

So good luck with your project.

It's always fun doing these mods and giving the watch your own little touch.
Look forward to seeing the finished product.

I did a skx mod too, came out great, yours should too. Since you already popped the crystal out, I would go with a sapphire, they're about $35-$40.

Here is wishing for you the best outcome in your project.:up:

The parts showed up today. Reassembly was easy. The hardest part is getting the crystal spotless with aging eyes. Anyway, here it is. I am beyond thrilled with how it turned out.

49038855183_72f3311ef6_c.jpg

49039569127_cf0973dfff_c.jpg

49039349621_0ac9e643e7_c.jpg

49039574137_80174b7e00_c.jpg

49039356341_43873967f7_c.jpg

Great job! You and a few others here nave inspired me to do something with mine. Enjoy your new look.:cheers:

Looks freaking awesome! I love modded watches and love modding watches. They are way more unique than any factory watch left untouched.

And like I’ve always said. The only good SKX is a modded SKX.

AWESOME WORK!

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Thanks for all the kind words. I've wanted to do this for quite a while but was always nervous about taking my watch apart. If I'd have known just how easy it is, I'd have done it long ago. That and the fact that I got the SKX relatively cheap a few years ago. I'm still not too sure about trying to swap hands. That seems kind of delicate.

Back
Top Bottom