Speedway Dragon, in Blue....

2manywatches

Tyme Machine
Well, ever since John posted up his Speedway Dragon, in green, back in early October, I haven't been able to get it out of my mind. I've long wanted some kind of dragon design from the 'Victer brand. Tried one, years back, and didn't like it -- it's one of only a few returns I've ever done, in all my years at this, but, in the flesh, it just wasn't what I'd expected, when buying online.

But, I loved that green one, and, when I saw this blue edition, it just was begging to come on home, so I caved in, and my "just one more" is now a few more than I had expected. But, got a little break financially recently, so the watch fund got a boost, and it's going to be a great week coming, with my Oris on the way, as well as my Sumo, and I had to grab one of Wing's Bioluminescence designs, with the current sale happening.

This one arrived late last week, and now I'm actually a watch ahead of winder space, haha, so have been tending to it by hand, but have a few winders incoming, to house this one plus the pending arrivals. Will be the last batch in this year, I expect, with plans to aim for some grail-esque territory, next year, if I can duct tape my trigger finger down and stop my impetuous smaller buying.

It's been a very fun run, however, culminating in some near grail territory with the purchases just made, so, all in all, a great year for watches, especially because of finding this forum!

So, here it is! Invicta Speedway Dragon....

AlOYnlv.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

zu7iIW2.jpg
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==

Came with one of them whopping, humorous price tag things, haha, which is a practice I haven't seen in a long time, but have seen a bit more, this year, than in past years, when it seemed to have been abandoned due to derision regarding the whole "discounted MSRP" value illusion. But, sale price jokes aside, it was the blue dragon that called to me, and, in person, it's as purty to look at, as I'd hoped...

vrx0wN2.jpg

zblKxta.jpg

Richly detailed dial is the standout feature, of course, and in catching the light just right, the old red-eyed winged serpent really comes to life. I like the hands, reminiscent of fantasy sword designs. Fixed bezel is adorned with a blued dragon scaled ring, with little yin/yang symbol up top.

Life for the movement is via the trusty NH35A, no date window to clutter up the dial decor. Flame Fusion crystal, 100m WR.

6B6YeOB.jpg

Lume is pretty sweet, carrying over the blue theme, and some lumed bits on the bezel as well.

Lfi8UIl.jpg

Decorative baubles around on the case, and the silky soft poly strap gets some scaled pieces as well, with scaling on the buckle too.

fmAhSrb.jpg

4GOZeC6.jpg

MXY5B3i.jpg

3gGMJX0.jpg

Certainly has different looks in different lighting, from kind of a dark blue, to the revelation of the dragon when the light hits. Size is 50mm, so a decent wrist presence for those. like me, who like the larger cases.

nvYBrrs.jpg

FdG6OnS.jpg

So, yup, a fun watch. Been wanting something of this ilk for a while as I said, to kind of pay homage to the brand's periodic use of a dragon, and this is a version I like, a lot. Snapped it up at a great price, thanks to an eBay bid buy, so, all in all, turned out to be a good addition for me. Another kind of novelty piece, I suppose, but, as a brand fan, one that's nice to add to the collection.

Thanks all for reading!

All-RIGHTY-then!! I picked this particular font color -- in as bright a blue as I could muster -- to pay homage (or, as that greatly-renowned linguist, Curly Howard, might pronounce it, "Homadgee!") to the awesome-as-a-possum-with-A1-steak-SAUCEM design elements Invicter went with to build and then christen this amazing wartch line. That 'Berquet blue' is a tough one to perfect when matching pieces/parts, especially when the elements of the design (such as the dragon bas relief) get bigger and thicker. Because of this, it's really cool that everything really DOES seem to match everything else, irrespective (or, if you happen to be from Rio Lindo, "irregardless") of size and shape changes, as in the case of the aforementioned dragon and the 'Bolt-DNA' cable. What it all comes down to is a really whimsical, cool-to-the-bone timepiece whose fun-quotient' is through the roof! CONGRATULATIONS, mon ami! Have fun AND enjoy the H-E-Double-HOCKEY-Sticks outta this one!! :wink:

Oh wow now that thing is badddd to the bone. I love that color blue. Amazing detail in the dial as well. Excellent choice!!!

nice irridescent electric blue dragon...pretty rear view...good lume...fantasy hands... enjoy it up the yin yang

Nice, I like the blue! I was going to get the blue instead of the green but at the last min I decided on the green because I just got a couple watches with blue faces or straps. I am going to keep my eye out for a sale and maybe get one in blue. I haven't been out of the house much because of this lyme disease so no work for a few more weeks that is my watch spendin' dough. I also haven't done my usual rounds I know a couple of the TJs around here had several dragon themed watches. Because of the meds my eyes are really sensitive to light can't get too much sun either feel like a dam vampire! Can't wait to get out and do me some real watch shopping. Invicta has several dragon theme watches out there I really like and I want them all.

LOL, I still haven't gotten over the Season 8 trauma! But, yup, as a fan of dragon lore, I'm pleased with what they've done here.

Thanks for the inspiration with the green buy! Hope you bounce back quick, my friend. Some pretty well documented naturopathic type remedies out there, as well, might be worth exploring, if you haven't already. And, yes, was really happy to finally get a dragon watch!

Back
Top Bottom