FALL BACK 1 AT A TIME OR ALL AT ONCE ?

wow...a sleeper thread and very interesting opinions all over the board...no newbies here all been to the rodeo a bunch

I pull em , and shake and bake the autos as needed and never worry about extra hair , .....or watches either! Motegi turned me on to pulling , and neither of us is blind. I do feel rested in ST and tired in DST and I would like to see USA choose one or the other as permanent time.

Is this a hairy palm???

8178513739_4c1120606e_b.jpg

ok so like many I set as I go for months ending in <31 and DST. Too much of a hassle to do otherwise. When I had 6-7 watches I probably did them all. But its not worry to do them as I go now.

As for pulling. First off on autos obviously there's no need. So its quartz and the classic argument of do you pull the crown to save the battery and moving parts or do you leave it in for security and convenience?

I do the latter. First off the grab and go of quartz is its best feature. But to me the weakest point of the watch is the stem. Hopefully those who pull their crown won't forget to push it in or screw it down for water resistance (though it is possible) but more-so I worry about accidental snags. On a watch with a lesser crown and stem assembly I especially worry.

jmho

and i remember when PACER GUY got me pulling it...and i grabbed it with the crown in open position...and this never happens but I dropped it...and it broke...and I always had the feeling that pulling it led to the loss...handling it in a vulnerable position with the stem and crown out and vulnerable...

sorry to hear it Scotty. But that is my worry, esp on more affordable watches honestly. Cause if I have a $100 watch and I break the crown and/or stem I'm probably not going to be happy spending another $100 to repair it. So it will likely be a loss.

well this thread is ready for BEATEN DEAD HORSE MEAT FORUM...but seriously I enjoyed reading the varied opinions , theories, and deep evolved horo thoughts of the wits; each as personal as a signature...

- and i forgot who said it probably ROAD WARRIOR...but it bears repeating; basic skills are worth repeating...like I thought I was crazy and lately I been lazy...

" ALWAYS FORWARD NEVER BACKWARD ON CHANGING HANDS...Is this true...what about quartz..

and if you are out patrolling the forum ROAD WARRIOR... i saw on a HDHU by Lee recently the case was " low lead brass " with IP SS

any metallurgists comment ?

Back
Top Bottom