Raven Red White & Blue

pacco17

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
Here is the Solitude up and personal. I love this watch. It is 40 mm and wears a little smaller than the Trekker. This combination in my opinion was the best pick of the group but all the color variations were beautiful. This bracelet had a pin and collar and I have to admit this was the first pin and collar I could not do. I had it apart very quickly but putting it back together was too challenging for me. The collar was just not engaging with the pin. Otherwise, I think this is a great addition to the Raven collection. Its always great dealing with Steve. He is such a wonderful vendor and will go out of his way to please his customers.
white Solitude.jpg

Personally I never understood the need for a pin and collar link system when there are other and better options. With that being said, you picked up a very attractive watch. Congrats and enjoy it!

Congrats Stan. I like the watch, but still think these were on the high side myself. If you haven't listened to this https://simplecast.com/s/0f5ca7d3 hour long interview with Steve it has a lot of great stuff in it. The Solitude was built in a different factory than the higher priced models to keep the cost down.

Never had a problem with pin & collar myself. IMO it is the most secure system if used properly. The LUM-TEC below is going to the P&C link system.
Never have to worry cross threading a pin or mangling a screw head, so those are a few positives as well IMO.

https://watchintyme.com/forum/watch-...windup-podcast

1503825parts.jpg

Congrats Stan on a beautiful TIMEpiece. Although the pin and collar proved challenging the results made it worth the while. Looks great on the wrist. Enjoy and thanks for sharing

:outstand:A big congratulations, Stan!:up::applaud:

Sheer horological perfection! CONGRATULATIONS on a superb pick-up, one that will keep you heading over to the watch cabinet to peek in, over and over, simply because its just such a beautiful watch!! And here I sit all jell-jell...I guess you'd call that a perfect combination! (Of course, it'd be MORE perfect if it were I that had my horological mitts on it!!)
:banghead::dizzy::bored::oops::ccc:

I am partial to a white dial watch so I really dig this one. Pin and collar don't bother me

Congrats Stan! That is a great looking piece!
And I have to say the pin and collar system is my least favorite.

That's Awesome!!! Congrats Stan, I really like that crispy white dial. Enjoy that one for a long time Bro'.

Nicely done Stan, just a great look and 40mm case. I dealt with P&C and more work than benefits.
With any attachment system, you just take your time! Congrats !!!

Back
Top Bottom