Restoring and hand engraving Panerai wristwatch

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
Sanding the surfaces to remove as many dents and scratches as possible.

Nov 2, 2019

AGF-l7_skBT5zRruSkjmjsyO2xXEBxl6J9d5-9qS7Q=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Reinis Stripnieks

In this episode, I get to Engrave beautiful but well worn #Panerai wristwatch.
Watch has clearly seen better days and as you see in video I have to sand the surfaces to remove as many dents and scratches as possible.
Engraving design really hides rest of the scratches and overall Im very happy with design.

Design was actually changed for the case side as I decided that less coverage might look better, I think that I made the right decision.
Graver used :Lindsay classic, with 110V Carbalt chisel.

Great. I can do that too.:lol:

Hey Steve if you have some free time I have some coins I'd like you to do for me. :hmm:I'll pay you in a bunch of watches of your choice of about a hundred in a group I have ready to go.

It can't always be about the money can it Steve? Just look at your collection. I know you're a bright guy and realize some of the watches are nowhere near what you paid for them. I know I can look at some of my own and just shake my head as well. The wild card is enjoyment. Put aside the monetary value and ask yourself if your time was enjoyable you spent on your hobby. A penny or a million dollars shouldn't really matter when it comes to certain things, it isn't always about worth.

Back
Top Bottom