Recovering From Prostate Cancer

So sorry to hear brother. Be prepared for not only radiation side effects, but also those of low test... fatigue, weakness, mood swings, loss of muscle and gain of fat. I'm a big fan of sublingual B vitamins (taken in the am) for energy and appetite stim. Can be found anywhere on the cheap. Your gut destroys most B vitamins, so under the tongue administration is key, and has been shown to be almost an effective as injections, without the insomnia sides. Coffee and tea, besides energy boost, also mobilize fat and have antioxidants. Also watch your diet, especially sugar, alcohol and processed foods (basically all the fun stuff), you will notice a huge difference in the way you feel and heal.
Thoughts are with you.

Steve, sorry to hear that the surgery was not successful and now you have to do the radiation and hormone treatment. BobbyD gave you some good insight into what this treatment is like. I had this treatment in 2017 with the addition of seed implants. Of course you do not need the latter since your prostate was removed. I have had two annual checkups since and is still cancer free, defined as a PSA that is not measurable. Be strong and keep your head up and pray that they get it all this time.
One amusing aspect of the hormone treatment which can cause HOT FLASHES, is that I am still having them 16 months after the duration of my last hormone shot. But, as all drugs states the side effects will vary.

Steve, sorry to hear that the surgery was not successful and now you have to do the radiation and hormone treatment. BobbyD gave you some good insight into what this treatment is like. I had this treatment in 2017 with the addition of seed implants. Of course you do not need the latter since your prostate was removed. I have had two annual checkups since and is still cancer free, defined as a PSA that is not measurable. Be strong and keep your head up and pray that they get it all this time.
One amusing aspect of the hormone treatment which can cause HOT FLASHES, is that I am still having them 16 months after the duration of my last hormone shot. But, as all drugs states the side effects will vary.

Did you get big
Image result for big boobs
:eyes::chuck:

My thoughts and prayers go out to you Steve. A sense of humor goes a long way. Keep your head up.

My best thoughts and prayers are with you Steve, a positive, winning attitude goes a long way to the ultimate victory.

Back
Top Bottom