The Mouse & the NFL Finally Come to Terms (& the Chargers STILL Suck!)

misterjingles

Tyme Twister
igjzUJl.jpg

0cjXHgl.jpg

Wl1omdw.jpg

vRFp1Pb.jpg

QkueYbM.jpg

x6HIyu5.jpg

@surelyuknow
8K867jf.jpg

aANqpx0.jpg

Congrats on your NFL score!
Cool little details like the yard markers lined up with the minutes.
We do need some wrist shots though.......

The artistry of the post is as impressive as the artistry of the watch itself! Well done in all respects!

And, yes, totally evocative of a stadium, and can nearly imagine myself sitting aside any of the hour markers, enjoying an overpriced hot dog while watching footballery ensue! Love your idea there of modifying the hands to further the theme, but, I agree, even as is, they got this one right, for sure.

When I first saw the first drafts of the upcoming NFL line, I was a bit unsure, but that iteration there is a beauty! Super handsome and a great design!

Would love to see these released on pigskin straps, maybe with a bit of football stitching. Not that the homage isn't there already, and maybe too much is too much, haha, but this release is a big winning touchdown!

Thanks for the share!

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

I'm glad you enjoy your watch MJ. But I have to ask... What happened to the Chargers? Is it the move to LA? I know as a fellow CHargers fan we have discussed that before and I've considered a switch myself as I'm not happy with the move... yet I find myself still rooting for them.

But whatever the reason... how did you end up going from the Chargers to Wash DC? Inquiring minds want to know.

AN excellent, well-asked question, D.O. My late father was an avid Redskins fan, having grown up in Wichita, KS, well before the advent of the AFL and the KC Chiefs, another team I'd be rooting for if they didn't bang up the Chargers so much...but -- of course! -- I digress. My dad especially liked Head Coach George Allen, who sadly passed away before he could make the good old Long Beach State 49'ers into a real college team. Dad and mom moved to Smell-A, where I was born and raised, but I just couldn't get into the Rams, and, believe me, I tried hard to! But with silly little QB's like 5-foot nuthin' Pat Hayden, the washed-up Joe Namath and several others, I just didn't like them very much. THEN, when Georgia Frontieri moved "her" team to St. Louis, that was the last straw for both my dad and me.

I had always been a Charger fan, and had been sooo proud of them during that first year when they were in Smell-A, but they were treated like dirt up there, so my fanhood went with them to good old Balboa Park Stadium (Which is now the home field for Sandy-Eggo High Skrool. Dad and I used to make a day of it, getting up early on Sundays and making the drive south. We'd swing by one of the good old "Big Donut" shops for fresh, hot glazed dog-nuts, and then we'd eat at Pernicano's pizza, after the game. (Pernicano's was the first place that my dad had ever eaten pizza, and so he loved it the best; they're still down here, and every March 6th -- his B-day -- and November 2nd -- Dia de los Muertos -- my missus and I go there for a big pie in his honor...)

I came to love Sandy Eggo as my "second home," and after becoming a nasal radiator, I made sure I got transferred here as much as possible, though there weren't a whole lot of jobs here for a TACAIR guy during one of his "disassociated" (non-flying) tours, unless, of course, I wanted to be part of a local aircraft carrier wardroom. Had I been single, I'd have gladly taken a CV or CVN job, but as a married man, I had to do what SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) TOLD me to do, which meant basic "snore" duty, er, SHORE duty, I mean... Um, she's not standing BEHIND me, now, is she? No? GOOD...

Anyhow, I was and have been a Sandy Eggo Boy for all of these years, so when they sold out their fans -- to move to a city that DIDN'T WANT them, for cripes' sake, I, like soooo MANY Sandy Eggans, was hurt to my very CORE, and decided never to even LOOK at another Charger game, Jersey, sweatshirt, or ANYTHING ELSE with that stupid @#$%ing BOLT on it; in fact, a buddy of mine and I found out when two of the Spanos brats (Sons of Dean Spanos, AKA the LORD of NO [Superbowl] Rings) were going to be headed up the 15 with some of their more valuable office equipage, and we painted up and held a 38' banner that read, "Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, Spanos traitors!!" It also had a depiction of a Charger bolt with a red circle around it and another one through it. Funnily, we had a LOT of help from people who were driving by, and decided to assist us in holding up the banner. I don't know if the Spanos rat offspring SAW it, but it felt good to hold it up! AND a TON of people honked and gave us the old thumbs-up; at least, I HOPE it was the old thumbs up...

And, to this day, I'm STILL very, VERY hurt about what the Rat Bastard Spanos Family DID to us!! But, well, like you -- and I'm sure a LOT of other people who deeply loved their Chargers over their 50+ years here, I still kind of root for them, and it still tears me up a little when they lose, as they've done a lot more than expected this year. And I really hope they come back home someday, though they'll have a LOT of people who won't trust them, if it happens. As for me, I turned 60 this last January, so I don't rectum -- I meant RECKON! -- I'll still be drawing air when THAT happens, IF it ever happens. And I'll root like crazy for Dad's Deadskins, but deep down, in my soul, where I REALLY live, I'll always be bashing my head against that Charger wall and hoping for that one damned win that'll keep their playoff hopes alive...and, just like every year, I'll prolly be disappointed...

COPIES OF THIS SERMON WILL BE MADE AVAILABLE AFTER TODAY'S SERVICES

More mad musings by our resident rodent and rightly so ... . Your musings almost eclipse the subject matter, which is da cool watch. A big congrats mj!

Hey, all! My Redskins NFL/Invicter wartch arrived early this afternoom, and I gotta tell y'all, I'm bowled over like a fake plant in a wind storm through a shopping mall! More pix to come! :cheers:

tgv9X3r.jpg

wnlKSHH.jpg

QABiZB0.jpg

:time::ccc::hurry::eyes::time::bored::ccc::chuck::ear:

Back
Top Bottom