I've been seeing this database error pop up more frequently lately

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
This has been sporadic, but lately it has been happening most times when making a new post or an addition to a post. When it pops up the tread will still go through, so there is a phantom warning that doesn't have any effect on the actual post. Although the post still registers, the actual page that is being worked with will free and the only way to get out of it is to refresh the page. I just wanted to give Steve a heads up.

Nc8UOce.jpg

From the error log it looks like it happens when there's a lot of RAM in use. Mainly when there has been a lot of users online (bots running a lot of queries in the database it seems) and you, and Lee also it looks like, copy a lot of data from a page to put in a post. The copied data pushes the memory to the limit and triggers the error. Doesn't appear to be anything faulty, just a lot of RAM usage and I been working on blocking as many of the illegitimate bots as I can so I hope that helps cuts down on that error.

Thanks Steve. It's not a problem for me. I wasn't sure you were aware of it. Even if i go in to correct a misspelled word or something minor it happens when I hit the save button. The new version and all of the work you've put in has made a tremendous difference.

:outstand:

I've also been seeing this since the upgrade. I'm always pruning things on the old version, but something has changed. I'm working on moving more now. That's one of the reasons I've been doing strictly email with you Steve.

oL1XuR.jpg

:banghead: The bulk of the box had filled up from quote notifications. I thought I had turned them off like those pesky notifications.

Working now.

roadwarrior Today, 12:26 PM
testing mail

:banghead: The bulk of the box had filled up from quote notifications. I thought I had turned them off like those pesky notifications.

Working now.

roadwarrior Today, 12:26 PM
testing mail

Your mailbox shows full from the "Sent Messages" folder and you have your settings to save a copy of every PM you send. That's where it is filling up on you.

Thanks! I deleted a bunch of stuff and I think I fixed the subscription issue without deleting what used to be called friends list in the old version. That was my next move and last option to avoid getting all of those subscription message alerts.

Also now Quote Notifications are now under the "Notifications" tab and do not go to your mailbox so those notifications won't go toward your mailbox quota anymore.

Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages

This is the only thing I see checked under setting for PM's :dizzy:

Snagged one today:whip:

50e1f0cc32b417dd5ff234365f19fe95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That would be user fault by over copying data into the database cache. From data logs:
Query4SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ * FROM `vb_cache`=user leelovesbug_cache overload=2GB copied data_return database error

That would be from copying and pasting entire emails or webpages. You copy so many they are stored in cache resulting in the database error.

That would be user fault by over copying data into the database cache. From data logs:
Query4SELECT /*!40001 SQL_NO_CACHE */ * FROM `vb_cache`=user leelovesbug_cache overload=2GB copied data_return database error

That would be from copying and pasting entire emails or webpages. You copy so many they are stored in cache resulting in the database error.

No problemo & it’s an easy fix as the thread is still intact. :happy:
I just go to the top & tap the Watchintyme header & continue.:ear:

Back
Top Bottom