Going on a cruise soon. Can I expect to see Invicta watches?

Valjean

Tyme Teller
Hey, everyone. I'm going on a Royal Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. I went on one a couple of years ago, and they had lots of Invicta and Stuhrling watches (among others).

My curiosity is getting the better of me, and I'm wondering if I'm likely to see a good selection of Invictas on this upcoming cruise. I guess there's no way to tell unless it is known that Invicta has a relationship with Royal Caribbean, or if it is true that in general, Invictas are always on RC cruises.

Just idle curiosity, but it would be interesting to know if there is some formal relationship between Invicta and RC.

That cruise 2 years ago was my introduction to Invictas. They didn't have any Reserve line watches, it was mostly Pro Divers and Speedway types, but it was a smaller ship. The Invictas were set out on tables in a common area, not in actual store fronts (which was probably why the watches were the less expensive models!).

If you want to see Invicta watches on a cruise, check out the Invicta Ocean Voyage: https://www.invictacruise.com

medium.iIIGDkbzaaDgi7IrUTO-lu9Di8h60bV51A7mt0lcnBY.jpg

This is a short video about how the new Invicta watch clearance store on the Norwegian escape charges you at least $100 more then you can buy it off of Amazon even after the crazy 70% off sales. We also experienced a raffle that never happened that I believe was designed to get you there during their clearance event. Save your money don’t buy it from the store unless money really isn’t an issue. Just trying to save the hard-working man a buck

Last edited:
Yes, haha, not surprising. Fortunately, over the last 2 years I've become fairly knowledgeable re: Invicta pricing at places like Amazon, ShopHQ, etc... For me, I don't mind paying a little more on a vacation purchase because it also becomes a nice 'memory piece' of the trip.

On my cruise 2 years ago, they had PD's in the $70 range (this was Royal Caribbean). The ship I'll be on also has a Regalia Luxury Watch store, plus a Bulgari store and a Hublot store (both of which I will enter and admire, only, haha!).

I've considered going on an Invicta Cruise, but never pulled the trigger. Maybe this year.

Thanks for the video Lee! I'm going to enjoy watching that!

Yes, haha, not surprising. Fortunately, over the last 2 years I've become fairly knowledgeable re: Invicta pricing at places like Amazon, ShopHQ, etc... For me, I don't mind paying a little more on a vacation purchase because it also becomes a nice 'memory piece' of the trip.

On my cruise 2 years ago, they had PD's in the $70 range (this was Royal Caribbean). The ship I'll be on also has a Regalia Luxury Watch store, plus a Bulgari store and a Hublot store (both of which I will enter and admire, only, haha!).

I've considered going on an Invicta Cruise, but never pulled the trigger. Maybe this year.

Thanks for the video Lee! I'm going to enjoy watching that!

The 1st time I was on a cruise about the same time I started collecting watches, I got exited to see on the ships program they were having an Invicta sale. So I asked my wife to join me and we set aside some time to go take a look. I was shocked as well when I saw the prices they were charging yet there were Lines of people trying to check out. Needless to say I didn’t buy anything but when I got home, just like the guy in the video I showed my Wife the same watches not on Amazon, but on ShopHQ were a lot cheaper than the so-called cruise “deals":lol:

They weren't badly overpriced 2 years ago, so I'm hoping for the same this time round :) If I see one I like that crosses the line, I'll just note the model number and order later from another source.

Seems no one knows for sure re: the question about a relationship between RC and Invicta & if Invictas are to be found consistently across RC's line of ships, but I'll find out soon enough, anyway. IIR, I'll post up a report/review of my experience!

Update

Plenty of models, ranging from inexpensive to some fairly expensive models. Pleasantly surprised. Naturally, prices are higher. There's a really nice JT model they want $795 for that's $500 on Amazon.

IIRC, prices drop greatly the last day or 2 of the cruise, so we'll see.

I was on a NCL cruise a few years back and there were some Invicta and Stuhrling Originals for sale. I saw one Stuhrling piece that I did end up buying. Not on the first day though. I waited until the last day they said they would be on display/sale. By that point, I had plenty of time to jump online and see what it was selling for on Amazon etc. When I doubled back and stated my case and said that "x amount of dollars" was all I'd be comfortable parting with because of what I discovered online......they said OK. Good luck!

I agree with Lee...you know you're not getting a bargain on a cruise ship...they are counting on an impulse buy...save your money for more important things like booze.

Saw another one I liked, an Invicta 25946 Speedway, gold bracelet w beautiful green dial. They wanted $250, while the better online prices are around $110. Couldn't get a deal on either, but I looked at it as an opportunity to see and try on some models, ordering later.

I like the sentimentality of getting something while on a nice vacation, and don't mind paying more at a retail outlet, but paying *that* much more would cancel the sentiments, haha.

Back
Top Bottom