Invicta Intercontinental

2manywatches

Tyme Machine
My last Invicta pick up for a while, but was just a great price and it was, again, something a bit different. My recently purchased "Maritime" Excursion Gen II (I guess so named because of the boat lever chrono pushers) might be better named for this watch, or at least the Maritime part, because the unique element of this watch is the use of nautical signal flags for the numerals.

Given that they are international symbols, I suppose "Intercontinental" makes some sense for the model name, although Invicta "International" might have worked, or the Invicta "Nautical" or something, but, hey, look at me try to make sense of marketing, haha, a pointless effort.

Anyway, enough of that -- onto the watch!

I had actually hoped to order it in time for the recent coast trip, with it being all nautical and all, but it arrived later, so had to take another range of watches down there. No worries, it doesn't need an ocean to be a cool watch, and I like it.

Another part of the allure was it being a 500m WR piece, which is not often found under eighty bucks, so, all in all, it kind of just said "buy me" and I listened....

It arrived in the traditional Invicta yellow watch box, for which I was pleased, based on some last buys arriving in less than stellar packaging.

8T0qPjo.jpg

6FJWOsG.jpg

As stated, the number markers are represented as international maritime signal flags, with 10 being a combo of one and zero, 11 being two ones, and 12 as flag one and two. To me, it made for an interesting dial, and I went with what they called the "silver on silver" version, and I really love the signal flag coloring, the blue dial with white subdials and really love the yellow seconds hand.

I love too that they have used the Seiko VD53 quartz, with the main seconds hand as a running hand, instead of a small seconds running on a subdial. Subdials give you a 24 hour dial, seconds for the chronograph and a 60 minute totalizer. Date is squeezed in there at the 4:30 spot. It is a split time chronograph.

lMo1ufN.jpg

Given that it is 500m WR watch, it is, as expected, a chunk on the wrist, which again I like, but presented here in a manageable 52mm case size (20mm thick). Mineral glass instead of flame fusion. Stamped metal clasp pieces. Unidirectional rotating bezel. Screw down crown and pushers.

Some decoration on the bracelet, on the fixed links section. Brushed finish on the case sides.

a9zvsky.jpg

fzuyskM.jpg

MsNSTzB.jpg

As I've always found with Invicta, despite the hefty size, it wears with comfort. Not going to tuck it under a shirt cuff, but, given that it is more of that summery beach and boating watch, the size works for what it is, for me, very well.

vIFfdZl.jpg

5wKrZnF.jpg

DzKPdxo.jpg

Invicta's usual lume, and just on the hands and subdial hands.

X1jUZw1.jpg

It seemed a good buy to wrap up my Invicta splurge of the last few months, adding a look I don't have, with the interesting dial. Despite being a low priced buy, it has a sold feel to it, and I'm pleased.

One more post to go, and I'm up to date on recent buys, and y'all will get a break from my new additions, with my buying going dormant, for a while at least. I'm still on the fence about what to do with so many watches that don't get as much wrist time anymore. My mood, thus far in life, has been to keep them, but, reading so many accounts of sales ventures, I might explore putting some on the market, I don't know. I'd have to find some means of really considering which I'd actually give up. Even ones that don't get a lot of wear, are loved and always maintained and have a place in the journey. Maybe a bigger home is the answer, lol.

Thanks all for reading, and for this great place to share experiences.

Back
Top Bottom