Will the bottle cap become another Seiko classic?

Buy what you like where you like but I’m the Deals Master & I have a reputation and a forum looking for the best deal.:wink:

Seiko SRPC63K1 5 Sports Watch online - DiscountShop.com$149.00DiscountShop(130)Free shipping, no tax
Seiko 5 Sports SRPC63K1 - Seiko 5 Sports SRPC63K1

Beat my own deal by $.10:pdown:

Seiko Men's SRPC63K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Sport Watch
[h=3]Seiko Men's SRPC63K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Sport Watch[/h] Brand New
5.0 out of 5 stars.
1 product rating- Seiko Men's SRPC63K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Sport Watch
$148.90??List price: Previous Price$395.00
FAST 'N FREE
Buy It Now
Guaranteed by Tue, Jan. 14
Free Shipping
Top Rated Plus
Free Returns

The thread is about whether or not this will be a classic not how cheap it can be bought.

Beat my own deal by $.10:pdown:

Seiko Men's SRPC63K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Sport Watch
[h=3]Seiko Men's SRPC63K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Sport Watch[/h] Brand New
5.0 out of 5 stars.
1 product rating- Seiko Men's SRPC63K Silver Stainless-Steel Automatic Sport Watch
$148.90??List price: Previous Price$395.00
FAST 'N FREE
Buy It Now
Guaranteed by Tue, Jan. 14
Free Shipping
Top Rated Plus
Free Returns

Thanks Lee for the intel , love the watch and may check it out at my local Seiko dealer in the flea mall to see if it warrants a trigger pull.

As for whether or not it's a classic , "time will tell."

It's hard to say if this will become a classic. Sometimes it is the simplest designs. Really depends on how its received by the end user and demand. :dunno:

I say no. This is a cool watch but it’s just a simple round Japanese watch and not much more.

Round yes, cool yes, affordable yes, strap monster 20mm yes, nickname bottlecap yes, hacking and hand winding auto yes, unique day/date color combination yes, so something more than just a simple round Japanese watch, oh and Seiko brand recognition and history yes.

I own plenty of Seiko watches. Brand history and recognition to me is misaligned chapter rings, cheap folded link bracelets and glorified mineral crystals using the name Hardlex. Thankfully Lee (our one and only Deals Master @ WIT) helps get the most bang for my dollar on the average priced Seiko. That helps take the sting out of the stuff I mentioned. The money saved can be used to mod the watch the way Seiko should have made it in the first place.

Sure but how many got started in the hobby because of Seiko? One other thing about the bottlecap is that it is a large watch designed to work with smaller wrists.

This isn’t what you asked. It’s great that you like and so do I for that matter but I don’t think it’s iconic or will gather a cult like following. 007 or Monster ect. If you are set and already know the answer why ask the question?

I own plenty of Seiko watches. Brand history and recognition to me is misaligned chapter rings, cheap folded link bracelets and glorified mineral crystals using the name Hardlex. Thankfully Lee (our one and only Deals Master @ WIT) help get the most bang for my dollar on the average priced Seiko. That helps take the sting out of the stuff I mentioned. The money saved can be used to mod the watch the way Seiko should have made it in the first place.

So you make the case for the value proposition not to mention Seiko lume. I have not yet heard of any bottlecap misalignment issues and there are the fake Seikos out there as well diluting the brand.

So you make the case for the value proposition not to mention Seiko lume. I have not yet heard of any bottlecap misalignment issues and there are the fake Seikos out there as well diluting the brand.

My remark was about your blanket statement "Seiko brand recognition and history" I never said anything about any misalignment issue on the Bottle Cap model. I own Monsters and other models and yeah the lume is great, but many models leave a lot to be desired for my money.

i think it is cool... like DOROTHY not in kansas said...i didn't know i needed 1 until i saw FEARLESS's wrist shot...i can not think of many where the bezel shaves 2 silly millimeters and looks good doing it... steve's blue bezel on blue dial so dark it looks black is cool...but JOEW hard kore SS bezel reminds me of " those were the days my friend " ( the old days on the forums )

welcome to new member USCLASSIC ...keep on postin'

P.S. BIG PLUS IMHO ...it has not been re-designed and re-issued at 3 or 4 times price like a couple other classics

What I asked is for opinions of the group. Whether or not they agree with mine makes the world go around. So I think it has a lot going for it to create a following. Already seen some modded. People who know nothing about watches know the Seiko brand especially at the entry level. How many move up the chain to a Grand Seiko over time? That's marketing strategy. I like finding the value at the bargain bottom especially since I can hardly keep a watch over a month. I did wear a sumo for 11 months as a one watch guy but I am not heading in that direction. I certainly don't claim to have the answer just somethings to think about as I wait the final hours for my bottlecap to arrive. Than I can form an experiential opinion.

parsing that word classic in the words of a former pres depends what the meaning of "is ' is...

so to me i wasn't thinking of whether a brand could sell so many they could re-design and monetize much higher price points... I was just thinking with all my tool fatigue accumulated over more than a decade... this design with a bezel 2mm smaller than the case just looks so cool I feel it down below in my tool meter... and it is a good value

ScottyB fave JOEW hard kore brushed SS bezel WATCHSTEVE's blue bezel dial so deep blue ( indigo ) it looks black is nice for fellas that have a box full of SS and are looking for something blue ( think MILES DAVIS )

Back
Top Bottom