Is there a way to manipulate format? Not personal settings, but as a template of the forum page.

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
The forum should be changed from Watchintyme to Leelovesbug deals forum. This new format it seems everything else gets buried by the deals 95% of the time.

Maybe the old version was the same way, but for some reason the way this format displays things that's all you see. It's somewhat like a forum version of WatchRecon sales.

Just a suggestion if there is a way to manipulate the page format to make a more interesting mix of things. The first thing someone sees when they enter the forum at first glance over to the latest topics and trending is 98% sales items.

QQJbHXa.jpg

Thanks Steve. I appreciate Lee's deals and his hard work digging them up.

Latest forum topics shouldn't be about any one theme, but provide an assorted mix of things to explore. I'm looking at it like opening a book and seeing the chapters laid out. Someone might think, man this is a boring book all the chapters are about the same topic.

Anyone including myself could easily flood the forum with a lot more videos and other things, but that would only be doing the same thing, only in a different direction. I'm simply observing things like (look what I got) getting buried. Or deals in the micro-brand sections, some which can be time sensitive getting buried. These and other topics are just as relevant IMHO besides five lines of Timex watch deals. Those four or five lines could easily be consolidated into one thread under latest Timex deals. I understand new threads will bump into the topic and trending sections. Maybe there is no way to control the bump system the way vBulletin has it written into the programming. Thanks for looking into it anyhow if it isn't possible.

I've been gone a week or so and just logged in last night and I'm not seeing anything I can't stand living with myself. Seems like everything is in the same order and I'm not having trouble finding the stuff I'm interested in. Of course what do I know as things can always be made better with helpful suggestions which I have none of.

Steve tweaked things since this thread was started. Anyone that was paying attention can see a whole new box for Lee's deals. It gives separation from other topics and adds a better mix.

Steve tweaked things since this thread was started. Anyone that was paying attention can see a whole new box for Lee's deals. It gives separation from other topics and adds a better mix.

Wasn't paying attention because I wasn't around for a week since I had something more interesting for a time to do. Glad the forum is looking better and running good thanks to Steve and all the good suggestions. If a computer dope like me can navigate this anyone can now.

Wasn't paying attention because I wasn't around for a week since I had something more interesting for a time to do. Glad the forum is looking better and running good thanks to Steve and all the good suggestions. If a computer dope like me can navigate this anyone can know.

You're far from a dope George. The comment was to give props to Steve making subtle changes that could get lost in the shuffle and overlooked.

You're far from a dope George. The comment was to give props to Steve making subtle changes that could get lost in the shuffle and overlooked.

I know before I left the site was a mess and I came home and it looks good and seems to be working great. I'm sure you and others had some very useful suggestions or tips to bring to Steve's attention. Still looks like there are more guests then should be at times so obviously the bots are still on the prowl though.

Back
Top Bottom