Era Tourbillon watches. The kickstarter brand that is using questionable marketing tactics

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
"Certified Millionaire Tourbillon" Watches - LOL - Rant Time

Dec 10, 2019

AGF-l7_jtKUYHADBzPBJwL8K7Jr1jCQGhFl1tFQFPA=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo
wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==
?
Federico Talks Watches

Era "Certified Millionaire Tourbillon" Watches - LOL

In this episode of Federico Talks Watches I am joined by John P and we talk about Era Tourbillon watches. The kickstarter brand that is using questionable marketing tactics. Let us know what you think in the comments section below.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ing-hour-watch
In 2018, ERA Prometheus -- The World's First Attainable Tourbillon Timepiece -- Made Crowdfunding History.

ERA Prometheus Became The Most Successful Mechanical Watch On-Demand Project EVER.

However it was only the beginning....

Chances are when you hear the word "wristwatch", most people picture something similar to a Rolex Submariner in their heads, whether they know why or not.

m114060-0002.png
?
Everyone knows it.

Everyone copies it.

This design has become so popular that it’s now a design for - the Masses.

But when you have always lived like no one else, always stood apart from the herd…

You deserve a timepiece that is as unique - as YOU are.

A watch not for the Masses, but for Millionaires: a Hybrid Wandering Hour + Tourbillon Timepiece.

F6E7Fub.jpg
?

More rare than a typical six figure tourbillon, the ERA Hyperion comes with a head turning 3 o'clock mechanism. Seen in Only 1 out of 500 tourbillon watches, the distinction is unmistakable.

1Ka5MJa.jpg
?
W3HNAnI.jpg
?
giphy.gif
?
dxAdB6W.jpg
?

And the star powering it all?

Our custom-made, in-house movement, the ERA-002 calibre -- an absolute first of its kind

bc2lppl.jpg
?

And like all six figure tourbillons, no two ERA Hyperions will be the same.

Black Aventurine glass lines every dial. Each is handmade with flecks of cobalt, silica, and manganese: forming one-of-a-kind flares on every watch face.

giphy.gif
?
This galactic symphony is viewed from the designed porthole of a futuristic Spaceship.

TQrAsd8.jpg
?

Rivets and ridges seal the sapphire crystal window shut.

iWsoKvz.jpg
?

While the airlock wheel at 12 o’clock is actually a crown that powers it all.

With the ERA Hyperion, each glance at your wrist will open up a new dimension of Space Time.

VK3jXwc.jpg
?

It is the sum of ALL infinite possibilities in the Universe, and a reminder that NOTHING is impossible to get.

V1jlJx1.png
?
SA6Ha2B.png
?

But wait -- what exactly qualifies us to be able to create timepieces that have literally never existed before we created them?

In case you aren't familiar with our Company and our Brand, let's take a look at who we are and how we got to our position today:
32a3921b1c3dab8bfa339c83656ed4e8_original.png
?
We launched our company in 2018 with the launch of our critically-acclaimed ERA Prometheus -- The World's First Attainable Tourbillon Timepiece

The response was incredible. You supported us in record-breaking numbers here in the USA....and record-breaking numbers WORLDWIDE.

This holiday season, support a project for no reward, just because it speaks to you.

OR
Pledge US$ 1,899 or more

Limited-Edited ERA Hyperion

Only 1000 Ever Will Be Made, $100 OFF MSRP. World's First Hybrid Tourbillon + Wandering Hour Timepiece

I started ERA because I personally yearned to wear watches that were impossible for regular people to wear. Since I knew these watches were purposely kept away from regular people by the luxury watch cartel that controls 87% of the world's luxury watch supply, I resolved to forge my own path.

Emboldened by my own relationships with independent master watchmakers around the world over the years, I founded ERA to break through this luxury brand monopoly.

I've been featured in issues of Entrepreneur Mindset for my work in the disruption of corrupt, unfair, and inefficient markets in the last year.

BHMIdCS.jpg
?
What exactly is a wandering hour?

A wandering hour complication displays the time by moving a pointer showing the hour across an arc showing the minutes. The concept is that the moving hour display keeps an almost metaphorical count of the passing minutes rising and setting along the hourly arc.

The Campani brothers are credited for creating the wandering hour concept in the 1600s in a clock for the Pope. It traditionally consists of a central one- to four-armed cross with a disc or cylinder at the end of each arm which rotates to show the current hour and points to the minutes along an arc-shaped track. The complication is fairly straightforward, as each of the 12 hours is evenly divisible by one, two, three or four, so each arm can show the same number of hours. Similarly, the dial is divisible according to the number of arms, so a three-armed system will show the minutes on a 120º track, while a four-armed system uses 90º of the dial, and a single-armed system - 360º.

What exactly is a tourbillon?

A tourbillon is the invention of famed watchmaker Abraham-Louis Breguet. It was made to counter the ill effects of gravity on the accuracy of his timepieces.

Breguet’s solution was to create an escapement that was constantly in a state of motion. Called the tourbillon (French for “whirlwind”), the escapement is housed in a rotating cage that, because of the constant motion, averages out the effect of gravity when the watch is stuck in different positions.

They’ve remained common among the uppermost echelon of the watch market. Most Swiss-made examples start at around $40,000 and price tags often break the six-figure barrier.

This is because tourbillons are arguably one the most difficult movement to make by hand. The tourbillon mechanism is tiny, weighing in at under a gram, and is usually crafted with more than 40 parts, finished by hand and made from lightweight metals like aluminum and titanium. They require a special set of tools and a lot of time to make. For example, just to make a single A. Lange & Söhne Tourbograph Pour le Merite, its tourbillon chronograph movement takes 18 months.

I saw a tourbillon for $100 - what’s the difference?

Simply put, those aren’t tourbillons.

These are scammers that are trying to pass off an open heart / flywheel off as a real tourbillon. They are preying on the customer thinking they can see some simple gears and equating it with a tourbillon. What you are probably seeing is an attempt by a Chinese seller to pass a regular mechanical watch as a tourbillon-like watch.

They are allowed to advertise in such a confusing and possibly ill-intention manner because the platform (aliexpress, amazon, ebay, etc.) lets them.

There are no trusted brands who sell mechanical tourbillon watches for under $1000.

And that’s why we created ERA.

Is your tourbillon real? How is it so much less expensive?

There is no such thing as a “real” or “fake” tourbillon. You either have the mastery to make it or you don’t.

And most cannot - they are a feat of technology and creativity, both beautiful to look at and very difficult to make by hand. .

That’s why tourbillon watches will always be pricey.

But by breaking through the cartel and monopoly, we are able to get you a world-class tourbillon for on average 99% OFF what you would pay for another similar Tourbillon.

BUOcspd.jpg
?
Hyperion

Diameter: 44mm

Thickness: 18mm

Power Reserve: 45hours

Frequency: 28,800vph

Jewels: 35

Case: Custom Hand Finished 316L Stainless Steel

Crystal: Ultra Scratch-resistant, Domed Sapphire Glass

Water Resistance: 5ATM

Movement: In-House ERA-002 Hybrid Wandering Hour + Tourbillon Movement

Strap: Custom Made Stainless Steel

Weight: 220g

https://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...4f775a5etVWeS4

https://backit.com/project/588929/era-certified-millionaire-swiss-watches-for-all/campaign

I love it but not at that price and too small. In a 48mm+ and for around $400 I'd bite. Tourby seems to be a loose term anymore. Once again, homework wins the day

These tourbillons are a scam.

Elshan Tang
I have seen the project, its a really low quality chinese tourbillon that could be made for below $250. A lot of false claims to be honest.

Back
Top Bottom