NIXON "The Decender"

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
Sometimes I get a nice surprise while out shopping. I have seen dozens of Nixon watches but never saw a Nixon dive watch until today. I had to give an estimate today and while on the north shore I decided to hit my usual Army Barracks, Guitar Center and TJ Maxx in Peabody Ma. No luck finding anything at my first two stops by that time is was raining so hard I almost turned around and came home but I accidentally turned right instead of left and was head towards TJs. So I figured it was fate! I got there and it was raining so hard I barely could see the leaper hood ornament on my Jag. I waited a few min for it to let up but it got worse so I made the mad dash to the front door. I GOT SOAKED! LOL I checked out the Halloween stuff right inside the front door dripping water. I went straight to the watches and NOTHING of interest. As I was walking around i notice some boxes on the counter. These usually are the ones I think they don't care walk out the door on their own. I saw two Nixon boxes and checked them out. The first was a Nixon C45 didn't really do it for me. I opened the other box and there was a Nixon Dive watch $49.99. It was MINE! While waiting to check out the woman working the dept was helping another lady, The were in a tizzy seems like the customer insisted she gave the sale women $40.00 and the sales women was going crazy looking for it when I spotted it on the other side of the counter and pointed it out. My good dead for the day! LOL The both thanked me for having the eyes of a hawk and the women left. I said to the lady behind the counter i was taking the watch and she rang me up I handed her my TJX card got the receipt and she took of 10%. I told her she didn't have to do that but she said I saved her $40.00 because if they didn't find it she would have been responsible. That is my story of the day!

Here is the watch...

Untitled-6.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled-5.jpg
    Untitled-5.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-4.jpg
    Untitled-4.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-2.jpg
    Untitled-2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Untitled-3.jpg
    Untitled-3.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 0
Bought both my brothers one of those in a yellow combo last year for Christmas from TJ's. Nice watch for the money and nice lume and bezel on these. Really like the color combo you got and you stole it at the price you paid. Well worth the soaking, besides it's a dive watch and all the rain in the world wouldn't hurt this one. Nice score!

Man, I'm loving me some NIXON here! I've never seen a dive watch made by the gang that's unfortunately named after our 37th president, and first to resign the office, but what the heck! That's life, no? Okay, so now that THAT's outta the way, we can take a closer look on this very-easy-on-the-eyes dive watch. I love the subtle muting of the red and blue, as it makes the white lettering & numbering stand out in very sharp detail. And then there's the LUME, as provided my that international tennis star & LGBT rights icon, Martina Superluminova!! The only down-check from me is that it's a quartz watch, as I very much prefer all my watches to be automatic or mechanical. Still, it's a very nice watch, and I hope you will kick butt and take names with it for many, many moons (a little Native American lingo there, for your approval & enjoyment) to come! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Nixon make a great watch but a lot of times they are asking too much. This one is priced perfectly. I love the seconds hand

Bought both my brothers one of those in a yellow combo last year for Christmas from TJ's. Nice watch for the money and nice lume and bezel on these. Really like the color combo you got and you stole it at the price you paid. Well worth the soaking, besides it's a dive watch and all the rain in the world wouldn't hurt this one. Nice score!

nice !

Extremely good looking watch! Great story as well, lol, well done, and seems the Watch Gods were pointing you where you needed to go.

Back
Top Bottom