Meet our new collection, Invicta Objet d'Art...

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Meet our new collection, Invicta Objet d'Art.."

Really? Not so new, I have one from about 10 yrs. ago. It too is called an "Objet d'Art" piece, it's written right on the dial. So no, not a new collection.

Invicta Objet D'Art Swiss Ebauche Automatic

That timepiece actually looks very nice.

Printing "Objet d'Art" on the dial doesn't make it one - especially with those crudely finished movements. A resounding meh....

"Art" is in the eyes of the beholder. To me, with no eye for true art, art museums are full of paintings I wouldn't give $.02 for.

I have seen some of the original watches from this collection on eBay, as everyone says, from about 10 years ago. Very nice looking watches. The new ones? Not so much. Yeah, I'm also burned out on skeletonised faces.

How pretentious of INVICTA to name their watches object d'art.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How pretentious of INVICTA to name their watches object d'art.

Michael

Then don't eat at Subway....I had a 6" tuna sub today....for an extra 75 cents, I got extra tuna, and it was called "The Deluxe". Not much deluxe there.
I really don't care WHAT the name of a sandwich (or watch) is. It doesn't bother me in the least. If I like it, I'll buy it. Otherwise, no.

I don't eat at Subway Bob. I avoid bread where I can. What I am baffled about is why you constantly feel the need to jump to the defense of INVICTA. You would think I was insulting you personally. INVICTA must have a very strong hold over people like no other brand.

Michael

I don't eat at Subway Bob. I avoid bread where I can. What I am baffled about is why you constantly feel the need to jump to the defense of INVICTA. You would think I was insulting you personally. INVICTA must have a very strong hold over people like no other brand.

Michael

I meant no harm. It's a forum. All opinions welcome. As a matter of fact, nowhere did I defend this watch or say I think it's great. I didn't like it either. And I didn't defend Invicta in my post. I just find the word pretentious, well....pretentious. Lol. By the way, their chopped salads are great...no bread.

Last edited:
Then don't eat at Subway....I had a 6" tuna sub today....for an extra 75 cents, I got extra tuna, and it was called "The Deluxe". Not much deluxe there.
I really don't care WHAT the name of a sandwich (or watch) is. It doesn't bother me in the least. If I like it, I'll buy it. Otherwise, no.

But was there enough extra tuna to justify the .75 upcharge?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom