Thread: Check out the Peren Nera and itís dirty surprise. How much lint is acceptable?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Thumbs up Check out the Peren Nera and itís dirty surprise. How much lint is acceptable?

Hands-On With The Peren Nera- How much lint is acceptable?

WatchReport.com
    Published on Nov 1, 2018

From the company
    ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓
    Before sending the watch to you I inspected it closely. There are some dust particles that are considered accepted in the micro brand watchmaking industry. I assumed the margin it may vary from brand to brand.
    https://perenwatches.com/nera-2/nera

Nera
    Swiss Made
    Diameter: 39mm
    Height: 13.50mm
    Lug to Lug: 48.80mm
    Case: Three tone 316L Stainless Steel
    Bezel: Black PVD coated trapezoid
    Functions: Rotating unidirectional
    Crown: Screw-down
    Caseback: Display back
    Movement: Automatic ETA 2824-2
    Functions: Hour/Minute/Second, Date at 3H
    Power reserve: 40 Hours
    Crystal: Scratch resistant domed Sapphire
    Dial: Metal with applied indexes, Nera blue
    Hands: Brass, white
    Lume: BGW9 Superluminova, dial and hands
    Strap: 20mm Genuine Leather, steel buckle
    Water resistance: 200M/20ATM
    Limited edition: 200 pieces

I had a similar thing happen to me back in December of 2016 with Deep Blue. To their credit, Stan gave me options what I wanted to do and gave me a full refund on the watches after I was able to contact him. I really did like the watches, but unfortunately I sent both back. In hindsight, I wish I opted for an exchange on both and would have them in my collection today.

2. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I need those 11 minutes back

4. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    He sure did go on bout the dust !

6. The Following 3 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    And rightly so. Especially after the response the company gave him. If the dust is under the crystal, I hate to think what could be inside the movement. It doesn't take much. The slightest particles can foul up a movement.

Some of the responses from the video.
    ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓

If this is the response the company's owner gives to a reviewer - someone who can seriously impact the brand's destiny, good or bad - what happens when a lowly consumer has the same issue? Seems like a potential PR disaster for a nascent brand.

No amount of dust under the crystal would be acceptable to me. How much dust is in the movement???😱. Now those of us who have watched the review wonít have to deal with them.

Lol what a hunk of junk, the letter is hilarious and a nail in their coffin. Micro brands appeal to enthusiasts almost exclusively I would bet, and enthusiasts care about the kind of stuff.

Fair review. Dust or fingerprints on the dial or underneath the crystal is not acceptable!

The watch looks great until you see the dust. The fact that the company considers this acceptable is crazy, I would never purchase from them.

Great review! Can't believe that they care so little about the product. Sometimes lint can happen but the rude response they gave back was completely unacceptable! Never would buy from them.

Thanks so much Don for the real honest review as usual. This dust issue is unacceptable for sure and the letter from the company is absurd. Heís put the nail in the coffin before even getting out the door.

the watch and movements look great but the dust is just unsettling and the fact that the company would not do anything about it I know from my standpoint I won't be doing any business with them

obviously, this company doesn't care about quality control when shipping out watches for sale or for a review. That is curious to me. If they don't care about dust and fingerprints, what else could potentially wrong with that watch? Is it water proof, and do they test for that? Would they care? Most people would think a watch with a screw down crown would be water proof, but with this watch maker, I wouldn't bet on that. In my opinion, it's a defective watch. I would never buy a watch from this company.

Makes you wonder what other corners they've cut on the way.

I never noticed dust on the dial of any watch. If you notice it, itís unacceptable. The answer they gave that itís normal is even worse.
    On a different note, a rotating bezel with no markings might mean they plan on having models in the future that use the Bezel.

8. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sometimes these things get by when inspected by QC, it really shouldn't happen but on occasion they do. Easy problem to fix, send it back and get a new one. But the company's response to this persons complaint is just ridiculous. It just shows how uncaring they are about customer service and their products. (hmmm, that sounds familiar) I'll be willing to bet that most folks that are interested in reading watch reviews and read this one will now pass on buying anything from this brand... I certainly will never be a customer.
    Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

10. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by surelyuknow View Post
    Sometimes these things get by when inspected by QC, it really shouldn't happen but on occasion they do. Easy problem to fix, send it back and get a new one. But the company's response to this persons complaint is just ridiculous. It just shows how uncaring they are about customer service and their products. (hmmm, that sounds familiar) I'll be willing to bet that most folks that are interested in reading watch reviews and read this one will now pass on buying anything from this brand... I certainly will never be a customer.
    The companies response is really bad and no one in their right mind would buy from them. The vid could have been a lot shorter was my
    point.

12. The Following 2 Users Like This Post

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

14. The Following Like This Post

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    To bad the Peren Nera has such poor QC. I'd hate to take a chance and get a dusty TIMEpiece. It would've made a good substitute for the Patek Aquanaut.
    Thanks Mike
    I don't sweat I condensate and YYYeess...I'm still cool !

aka "TimeOnMySide" but you can call me Woody!

16. The Following Like This Post

Grand Tyme Master
    WatchinTyme Ambassador
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theTIME View Post
    to bad the Peren Nera has such poor QC. I'd hate to take a chance and get a dusty TIMEpiece. It would make a good substitute For the Pate k Aquanaut.
    Thanks Mike
    ^^^^^+1^^^^^

18. The Following Like This Post