Thanks Buzz! Invicta Paracord Pro Diver

Looking good on styling points along, a big congrats.

When Buzz posted up his, I was drooling. Just something about this combination of color and design, so simple and clean, but compelling. Had my order placed in hours and it arrived within days. Finally getting around to continuing to post up my most recent buys (then it's break time, to just enjoy the collection) and this is one of them, the Pro Diver on a paracord strap.

Classic diver design, though just 100m WR, mineral crystal, push/pull crown, unidirectional diver bezel (the raised, silvered and polished numerals nicely picking up the silver of the stainless case), and powered by the always reliable auto that Invicta, and so many brands, case up so nicely, the 3Hz, approx. 40 hour PR Seiko NH35A, giving a date window, the movement visible through an exhibition case back, and, on top, a very sparse dial adornment, with applied indices, which just adds to the clean look, for my taste.

It hasn't always been easy for me to find a sharp white dial diver, and often, in so many styles, light dials are silver instead of white, and so this is a look I've long wanted, so I was very pleased -- the white is so smartly offset with the red seconds hand, the black bezel, and the navy band. A study in the art of contrasts.

TFgMPL0.jpg

biKc9AX.jpg

eQXud7o.jpg

My somewhat recent craze with NATO's, going from not having any and hating them, to now loving their simple versatility and ability to transform and customize the look of a watch, encouraged me to order a very price friendly six pack of NATO's, which turned out to be of good quality and increases the range of wardrobe options even more for this watch, given the adaptive nature of a plain white dial and black bezel.

I'm currently settled on the black, again kind of picking up that idea of contrasts.

I did read some concerns from folks that they found the paracord to loosen itself up over the course of a day and I can see how the design could do so -- it doesn't have any pin and buckle portion -- but, for me, tucking the excess back under the band itself, I had no issue with it, so the paracord works for me, giving a different kind of strap option, but I am equally happy with the various NATO options now.

zeLoqdx.jpg

WfPPqmu.jpg

PLaxvTh.jpg

caqkGpB.jpg

JdzEO3Z.jpg

8RwFjoC.jpg

Y82HAnB.jpg

Amazing how the simple strap change transforms the look, and gives so many options.

Thanks Buzz, for sharing your purchase! I've been blessed so much by posts from others in my watch buying through the years, finding some truly great purchases thanks to fellow watch enthusiasts.

Thanks all for reading! Happy Watchery!

Its true I been getting Natos lately also....rubber straps never have good grip for me the watches always lean...but with the natos they stay in one spot.....I wanted another nato for another project but I think Ill go with this type of strap...its different, and im really liking the look, I wonder if they have any with intermixed colors?

Back
Top Bottom