qfkfz18.jpg

qc2kFE0.jpg

@roadwarrior
IXaA3RR.jpg

EsIsQIl.jpg

2yyosF7.jpg

ogWAzRr.jpg

L90Mt4I.jpg

That's a nice watch in a classic size, congrats. I've read the movement is the Miyota 8215 in the Marlin and this one shares the same movement.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/timex-marlin-automatic-introducing

The movement appears to be a Miyota 8215. (See the arrows engraved on the winding mass? The Marlin text on the display case back covers the usual Miyota branding.) Automatically wound, this is a very simple and well-known movement with 21 jewels and a power reserve of around 40 hours. One quirk of this movement is while the 8215 does offer both automatic and hand-winding ability, it does not feature hacking, so the seconds hand continues to run even when the crown is in the time-setting position.

For the asking price of $250, you cannot fault Timex for using the 8215. Long the defacto entry-level movement, while the 8215 is basic, it is also inexpensive, reliable, and simple to service. Available in four core versions, three in steel and one in gold-tone, the Marlin Automatic has that Grandpa charm that characterized so many watches from the 60s.

timex-marlin-auto-3.jpg

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/timex-marlin-automatic-snoopy-edition-watch/

Timex-Marlin-Automatic-Snoopy-Edition-aBlogtoWatch-05.jpg
Timex-Marlin-Automatic-Snoopy-Edition-aBlogtoWatch-11.jpg

miyota-8215-replacement-movement.jpg

Congrats on a beautiful TIMEpiece MJ. Love the look of the silver dial and the wrist shots too. Enjoy and thanks for sharing

Received mine yesterday too. Nice little memory lane watch. Don't forget to pick up some Polywatch for the scratches to come on that acrylic.

And enjoy the Snoop.

Great throw back to when cartoons were cartoons and not mind bending animation that kids can't watch....lol

Excellently, well done Mr. Mouse, just love the Snoop's thing.

luv me some MARLIN had a couple vintage.with proper numerical series lots of 2's' / made in GREAT BRITAIN stamped on dial/ sold them babies with the bath water...oops wish I had 1 now...

Excellent MJ! Snoopy was always a favorite of mine.
Enjoyed the write up and the pics.
Congrats and enjoy!

Sorry I missed this one, Don. Congrats on a cool & fun piece! [MENTION=1328]misterjingles[/MENTION]

Back
Top Bottom