Orient President (pre-owned, like new)

Valjean

Tyme Teller
Got this Orient "President" style watch the other day. Used, but like new with box, tags, etc...

I got it for $200. These, for reasons I don't know, go for quite a bit of money, even on the used market. I kind of got fortunate with this one.

Anyone know why these are expensive/hold re-sale value pretty well? The movement doesn't hack. I mean, its a nice looking watch, but so are the rest of the Orients.

View attachment 20301

I don't know myself as to why they hold their value but I guess that's a good thing for you. Congrats on your latest addition and thanks for sharing

hey that's a hot bling pres...wish i had 1 for a wedding i got coming...why does it have high re-sale ? does it ?

- i no longer " invest " in watches ...many nice fellers on TV said to do this... but... after making many " investments "on my wrist which worked out about as good as investing in equities October 1, 1929 when stocks had reached " a permanently high plateau " IRVING FISHER ... I found tax deferred financial assets to really be investments so I became like many people and only have 1 or 2 and cheap cheap...it was fun doing them gangster trigger pulls but not to the point of insolvency jmho

What? That's not a Rolex? Great looking watch as it is a classic design. COngrats!

I think it may be the diamond hour markers that are responsible for the higher resale value... And you're right; it IS a very attractive watch, so much so that everyone's favorite rodent is now very, very jealous, Monsieur Valjean! And you don't wanna mess with the French-speaking rodent mafia!! SO, as a token to the Mousefather, I think you should give me this wartch...you have a lovely family, by the way... Um, sorry; got carried away there!! Congratrulations on a superb buy, one that I would have gladly made, too. And remember: enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks outta it!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom