lyme disease!

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
Any one ever have it?

I might be AOL for a while I just got diagnosed with lyme disease still waiting on test results but the Drs that saw me at the MGH all agree 99%. I have it started the meds and feel like I am the walking dead. This makes the flu feel like a party. I'll might me monitoring the group from my cell in bed but probably not posting anything until I get back on my feet.

Best of luck man. My warehouse manager and also our Teamster shop steward both had it. They missed a good deal of time from work recovering. Danny picked it up walking his dog in the woods. From the stories they told me it was no picnic for sure. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I was doing some drop and hooks and came back in covered in ticks. I want into the warehouse managers office and brushed them all over his desk. He freaked out and that was how I found out he once caught it while hunting.

Here is wishing for you a complete, and full recovery, John!:shake:

THANKS! I live in the middle of a City I have no idea where I could have come across a tick. I did build a deck in NH a few months back but if I got one then I would have known about it before now. I worked for the Parks Dept 20 years and never got bite by a tick and I was up to my neck sometimes in weeds! Not sure is it's meds kicking my ass or a combination of the two. I felt fine before the meds. Now I feel like I have the Flu on steroids!

While ticks can crawl slowly, their main mode of transport is hitchhiking, Lewis said. Ticks will gladly take a lift from deer, dogs, and people. But their primary host is the white-footed mouse, which is common in the New England forests, towns, yards, and cities, and is the primary transmitter of Lyme disease.

https://www.usnews.com/news/healthi...ease-ticks-a-threat-for-cities-study-suggests

https://news.northeastern.edu/2018/05/10/ticks-creep-into-the-city-bringing-lyme-disease-with-them/

wifey got it 3 times...she fine...

take the antibiotics until you are clear and go to reputable pharmacy ... then re-build your gut biome with living foods-kefir/yoghurt/kombucha/saurkraut

rest easy man..play with yOur guitars/tools... sleep and nap a to make stem cells re-build damage body parts...

make sure u aint got erlichiosis/babiosis/ other serious tick borne diseases

Sorry to hear this but your being proactive John, I'm praying for a speedy recovery.

RW covered it...where i am peeps erect uge fences to keep deer out..but primary transport of the tick is the WHITE FOOTED MOUSE... and the companion diseases BABIOSIS/ERLICHIOSIS are much MORE SERIOUS than LYME named after LYME CONNRECTICUT

-make sure the pharma is righteous ...

I vaguely remember someone on the "old site" that contracted it and he put out a newsletter or did a website all about the issues related to his Lyme Disease. I think (but don't quote me on this) he was into his second year trying to recover. That was quite a few years ago... I would hope they have made advancements in treatments since then. Best wishes to you.

you just gotta get the antibiotics quick and full course...maybe repeat...plough through all the false negatives....the test reports a lotta false negatives..research that.. u feel like dung...you probably got it ...unless it is another virus...i got a heat stroke JULY 3, 2019 AND FELT LIKE FLU 3 MONTHS...

- do your own research... i am sure u know...lot's of tymes NO TELL-TALE BULLS-EYE RASH

I had it, but not that bad. But I have seen several patients that that looked near death. Everyone's course is variable/different. Here on the East coast, it's quite common.

Thanks guys!

Well, it's not Lymes! The 3 doctors agreed it was and even though they all thought lymes. The first test came back negative they thought that had to be wrong so they did it again and it came back negative again. They took several more vials of blood and added yet another anti biotic to cover MRSA, Staph and or cellulitis waiting on those test results now. They sent me to a surgeon today to see if there was anything under the skin but after some tests they say there isn't anything. One said it could be a spider bite and they sent me home. Feeling a little better than I did a couple days ago but still have the flu type symptoms. They say no matter what nit is I am on the strongest oral anti biotics and if they do not see any improvement I might have to go on intravenous anti biotics! Another Dr sent I saw yesterday sent all my info to the MGHs infectious disease dept in case they want to see me! Truthfully I wish it was lymes because at lest I would know something.

I guess I spoke too soon literally 1 second after I hit post reply I got a text from the MGH "the infectious disease doctor feels your rash and lab work are all consistent with early Lyme disease infection." They think that is why my tests keep coming up negative!

Hang in there John. Best of luck getting a handle on this.

A patient tested after the appropriate amount of time, who nonetheless receives a negative test result for Lyme disease, may be infected with another tick-borne organism. Similarly, when a patient tests positive but doesn't respond completely to antibiotic treatment, co-infection may be the cause.

https://igenex.com/tick-talk/your-l...are-negative-but-your-symptoms-say-otherwise/

http://blog.questdiagnostics.com/2018/05/lyme-disease-test-negative-what-then/

Back
Top Bottom