Does Invicta Suck?

I appreciate that bud..and I do...
Your opinion is as important or valid as anyone else's here. You may be newer here but new opinions and views are needed to keep a forum active and alive. Nothing wrong with being opinionated as we all have our own likes and dislikes and ways of looking at the same things in a unique way. Someone just coming in to say a forum like this is a one group think bunch of haters with no real knowledge of this forum is a different type of thing though and always will get a rebuke from many. You have never shown that and I like reading what you have to offer to the discussions here.

I never met Bob or spoke to him. Not sure what happened to him? I no longer see him here. MY responses tend to be a bit nuanced. Thank you all for the feedback..

That's it! One more word and the giant watch gets it!

171f9b0300e55aed2d4d574800152628.jpg

:nail:... :lol:

If you don't like the tone of this thread, then just look at the photo that Repoman posted above. :wink:

DCWatchgeek is confusing taste related to design and legitimate criticism related to ethics, business practices quality control, respect for your customer and do on. But i could care less how the Invicta lovers spend their money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and monitored by the NSA

May I suggest a 30-day moratorium on the discussion of the "I" Brand? If you are a member of this forum I expect contributions to said forum and not just this ridiculous thread. If you only pop in and complain and never post pictures of your watches on watch the day or contribute to any other conversation that doesn't make you a member of the forum it makes you a troll. I know I know I'm Invicta hater LOL. That being said have a look at my watch of the day.

An 8 page Invicta thread and I never chimed in. Perhaps because my complaints have been addressed (more or less) to the point that it just doesn't spin me up like it might have when they were at their apogee of shoveling used oats. Sometimes, perhaps rarely, it was the watch but more often it was about what the watch was claimed to be. Sometimes it was because somebody at WG broke containment and turned up at an uncensored watch site only to be sent home blowing snot bubbles.

Evine/SNBC/Invicta made claims based on the flawed assumption that nobody in their audience had an internet connection. Too many falsehoods to list and they've all been listed before.

But it's refreshing to see some of that old time religion manifest after the rest of the world has gone all "ho-hum" on a topic.

Really sad the level of discourse here. Truly pathetic Road warrior pathetic.. Curious george pathetic...Its just a bunch of wimpy moderators that seem to be bullied by you guys...Laugh my ass off!!! Your arguments are poor. Please do not continue to embarrass yourselves by responding to anything I post. None of you can even come close. Just never speak of Invicta again... Get rid of every invicta model you have immediately and never mention the word Invicta again. We know that's not going to happen simply because hating Invicta is all you got. Sad..Not mad at Wing with all those Androids you have?? Love those Aragons!..Hey Renato is back! I'm sure your happy...lol...Go cuddle your Steinharts and Sinns...Kiss your Casio and dream of the next chance you get to hate on something...Mic Drop....P.S. I thought about taking the time you both obviously took responding to my posts, but your responses were embarrassing enough...Thank you for making yourselves the fools our forum knows you are.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Some real passion for once. 14 posts in 3 years - if we'd have known that's what it took to get you out of your cocoon we'd have started ragging on Invicta earlier - but welcome. Participation is good - you should keep it up.

But I believe personal attacks are frowned on here and "pathetic" is dancing close to that line. They were ok at WG provided the person being attacked was a "hater" but you've drawn a flawed conclusion. The mods here are not wimps: they allow open discussion provided the facts are in line, opinions are stated reasonably and we don't put our heads through the drywall expressing them. Now, there may be some legitimate confusion - the mods at WG were, in some cases and at some times, reminiscent of the einsatzgruppen; closed threads, scrubbed threads, deleted posts, Orwellian over-moderation such that never an Invicta discouraging word was heard. Works well for soda commercials or Orwell novels but not so much at a discussion forum (it's pretty much the opposite of a discussion). In fact such an environment would suck out loud - and it did.

In view of this laudable prohibition on personal attacks I will note up front that I consider you to be a smart guy. But the post itself is reminiscent of a bad case of rectal-cranial inversion compounded by an intolerance of other views not seen since the Salem Witch trials. It does however provide a nice walk down memory lane for those that miss WG. Perhaps you could start your own forum - TOS to consist of: "Posts shall comport with my biases or else". It wouldn't be far off the WG TOS though mine is more succinct - theirs rambled on interminably but it amounted to the same thing.

So you're going lecture RW and CG on watches and attitudes pertaining thereto? Cool. 14 posts arrayed in battle formation against 30,000 made by two individuals who have in all likelihood forgotten more about horology than you could hope to learn unless you started hoovering up facts right this minute and continued learning through a hopefully long and prosperous life. (Hint: any facts about watches learned by watching TV are suspect and probably will require unlearning before your journey can commence) And you throw the mods under the bus while you're at it. Rich. One of the mods "liked" your post - see how civil people behave?

If we took Skelton, Davis, Lalo and, oh I don't know, Ryan and stirred them all together and fermented them for 5 years the resulting creation couldn't get away with posting the stuff you have without somebody responding. And probably making me look withdrawn and statesmanlike in the process.

Like Invicta? Fine. Buy 'em by the hundreds? OK. Believe every claim ever made about them? Nobody cares. Most feared watch company, massive global presence? Whatever. Think their designs are unique and desirable? Well, that one's valid.

Not everybody is going to agree with you. Heck, you might even find yourself in a distinct minority but your opinions remain valid - except for your opinions on George, Mike and the Mods - those opinions you can post at the Internet Archive over the decayed, corrupt remains of WG.

That’s Eyal crying all the way to the bank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk and monitored by the NSA

An 8 page Invicta thread and I never chimed in. Perhaps because my complaints have been addressed (more or less) to the point that it just doesn't spin me up like it might have when they were at their apogee of shoveling used oats. Sometimes, perhaps rarely, it was the watch but more often it was about what the watch was claimed to be. Sometimes it was because somebody at WG broke containment and turned up at an uncensored watch site only to be sent home blowing snot bubbles.

Evine/SNBC/Invicta made claims based on the flawed assumption that nobody in their audience had an internet connection. Too many falsehoods to list and they've all been listed before.

But it's refreshing to see some of that old time religion manifest after the rest of the world has gone all "ho-hum" on a topic.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Some real passion for once. 14 posts in 3 years - if we'd have known that's what it took to get you out of your cocoon we'd have started ragging on Invicta earlier - but welcome. Participation is good - you should keep it up.

But I believe personal attacks are frowned on here and "pathetic" is dancing close to that line. They were ok at WG provided the person being attacked was a "hater" but you've drawn a flawed conclusion. The mods here are not wimps: they allow open discussion provided the facts are in line, opinions are stated reasonably and we don't put our heads through the drywall expressing them. Now, there may be some legitimate confusion - the mods at WG were, in some cases and at some times, reminiscent of the einsatzgruppen; closed threads, scrubbed threads, deleted posts, Orwellian over-moderation such that never an Invicta discouraging word was heard. Works well for soda commercials or Orwell novels but not so much at a discussion forum (it's pretty much the opposite of a discussion). In fact such an environment would suck out loud - and it did.

In view of this laudable prohibition on personal attacks I will note up front that I consider you to be a smart guy. But the post itself is reminiscent of a bad case of rectal-cranial inversion compounded by an intolerance of other views not seen since the Salem Witch trials. It does however provide a nice walk down memory lane for those that miss WG. Perhaps you could start your own forum - TOS to consist of: "Posts shall comport with my biases or else". It wouldn't be far off the WG TOS though mine is more succinct - theirs rambled on interminably but it amounted to the same thing.

So you're going lecture RW and CG on watches and attitudes pertaining thereto? Cool. 14 posts arrayed in battle formation against 30,000 made by two individuals who have in all likelihood forgotten more about horology than you could hope to learn unless you started hoovering up facts right this minute and continued learning through a hopefully long and prosperous life. (Hint: any facts about watches learned by watching TV are suspect and probably will require unlearning before your journey can commence) And you throw the mods under the bus while you're at it. Rich. One of the mods "liked" your post - see how civil people behave?

If we took Skelton, Davis, Lalo and, oh I don't know, Ryan and stirred them all together and fermented them for 5 years the resulting creation couldn't get away with posting the stuff you have without somebody responding. And probably making me look withdrawn and statesmanlike in the process.

Like Invicta? Fine. Buy 'em by the hundreds? OK. Believe every claim ever made about them? Nobody cares. Most feared watch company, massive global presence? Whatever. Think their designs are unique and desirable? Well, that one's valid.

Not everybody is going to agree with you. Heck, you might even find yourself in a distinct minority but your opinions remain valid - except for your opinions on George, Mike and the Mods - those opinions you can post at the Internet Archive over the decayed, corrupt remains of WG.

dxznlY.gif

Haven't posted on here in a while other the WOTD but here's my 2 cents.

Whether Invicta sucks or not is in the "eye of the beholder." My love for the brand may have fizzled out for the most part years ago but I'm still grateful I came across the brand because Invicta helped to grow my appreciation and love of horology and collecting.

IMO, every luxury brand out there should be grateful to Invicta in one form or another because that brand started a lot of people like myself into this great hobby. If it weren't for Invicta, I may never have bought my first Oris, Panerai, Tag Heur, Movado, etc. and I'm sure the same could be said for many of us that graduated into other brands.

I started with the brand back with the OG SAN I, SAN II, SAN III's, SAS's, etc. and I actually think Invicta made a decent watch back then for the money and I still have a lot of those pieces. They were different, made a statement, solid quality with real Swiss movements, intricate case & dial details, sapphire crystals on some, decent leather straps & bracelets. Damn you Jim Skelton for twisting my arm to buy more watches many a late nights when I couldn't sleep :D LOL

I'm a nerd at heart so I still gravitate to some of Invicta's Star Wars, Marvel, DC, etc. watches with auto movements because they're a cool little novelty and I know I'm getting just that, something fun and nerdy to put on my wrist.

As for their stuff currently, they've definitely went a different direction from their older days which is fine. It will still bring a lot of new people into the hobby and they'll most likely mature into other stuff like we all did which will only help out the other brands out there.

I am glad however they they're leaving Glycine alone for the time being and letting them do their own thing. Actually, Invicta's buying power can only help them for sourcing materials like movements cheaper which may help to bring prices down for us. I'm actually looking to maybe pull the trigger on a Combat Sub 48, I've read or heard nothing but good things about these and am looking forward to getting one on my wrist.

Love Invicta or Hate them, they definitely have their place in the market.

My first watch was an Invicta "Lefty" about 47mm from watching Shop NBC! If I hadn't made that First Purchase
then I would not be here, I know hard to imagine! LOL This led to Android in about the same time frame, 2006 and so it goes.

Much to my chagrin and many documented situations later from previous Forum members and here, did I become disillusioned
with their leadership. I'm not a hater for sure and will never criticize someone for their watch buying choices.
Snake oil salesman come in many guises as we all know.
I did just buy my first 40mm Pro-diver if this means anything as documented on Look What I Got section.

I haven't heard such childish ramblings and claims of master of psychology since DaveCash 77 went off the rails for the second time and got asked to leave. Even Jim Skelton stopped and dumped or sold all his Invicta's. Also he got screwed over by Eyal on the Imperious line. Michael Davis got flushed by Invicta for all his hard work for them and Eyal showed his appreciation for the guys years of internet, forum work, and tv work for him by giving him the bums rush. With loyalty like that to people who helped him so much your'e right Eyal is the greatest kind of businessman to follow and worship and shamelessly promote. Call me out all day as I've never been a troll at a forum trying to stir a pot. I offer my opinions based on what I have learned, what I actually know and something you are lacking in most instances here. Facts. I don't bully a mod as they could take me out of here in a single stroke and I couldn't do a thing about it or would I try. You want to buzz in here and claim ridiculous stuff it's your right for you are the one looking like a fool(tool). I have no influence over anyone here. I'm an active member here who participates in all forms of the debates here. You come seeking something for some people who left here so maybe just go enjoy where your'e at(aholics) or come here and act like someone who wants to participate here in a civil manner. Rght now if you keep tripping over your feet it's because the clown shoes your'e wearing right now fit you to a T.

Back
Top Bottom