đź‘ľđź‘˝Live Die Repeat - The Worst?

bundamania

Tyme Twister
Finally got to watch Edge of Tomorrow the other nite and was not impressed. Worst Tom Cruise movie in a long time for me. Now I know why it's never on or talked about.

Different Strokes...:dunno:

My wife & I liked it.:pop:

We like anything Tom Cruise Sci-fi and/or Action.

Looks Like Edge Of Tomorrow 2 Is Finally Moving Forward

NEWS

Looks Like Edge Of Tomorrow 2 Is Finally Moving Forward

BY ADAM HOLMES

Mar 1, 2019

RANDOM ARTICLE BLEND

dc32a187a5a4091d4044a04db54896e8faf10747.jpg
Whether you prefer calling it Edge of Tomorrow or Live Die Repeat, the 2014 sci-fi movie starring Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt proved to be a success for Warner Bros, grabbing numerous positive reviews and making over $370 million worldwide. In the years since, there’s been various updates on how the sequel is coming along, but today brings word that Edge of Tomorrow 2, also known as Live Die Repeat and Repeat, is officially in development at Warner Bros.

Although Edge of Tomorrow director Doug Liman was previously working on a rewrite of the Edge of Tomorrow 2 script with Jez Butterworth, who co-wrote the previous movie with John-Henry Butterworth and Christopher McQuarrie, Deadlinereports that after pitching his own take, The Invention of Lying’s Matthew Robinson has been brought on board to write the sequel. The plan is still for Doug Liman to direct again and for Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt to reprise their respective roles, but the actors won’t make deals until they read a script to their liking. That said, Cruise and Blunt are reportedly being kept in the loop and Liman is working with Robinson on the story.

Our last major update on Edge of Tomorrow 2 came back in September, when Christopher McQuarrie said that it was being worked on, but he had no idea “how or when it will happen.” It’s unclear if McQuarrie will be involved with the sequel, although given that he’s returning to write and direct both Mission: Impossible 7and Mission: Impossible 8, his schedule might just be too packed. In any case, apparently Warner Bros is confident enough in Edge of Tomorrow 2 that it’s willing to make public that the sequel is in development. I wonder if the success of Netflix’s Russian Doll, a series with a similar Groundhog Day-like premise, helped push the studio to prioritize Edge of Tomorrow 2. Probably not, but it’s fun to think about.

In case you missed Edge of Tomorrow, the movie followed Tom Cruise’s Major William Cage, a public relations officer for the United Defense Force who’s forced into combat against the alien Mimics that humanity has been battling for years. Cage dies on the front, but because he was covered in one of the alien’s blood before perishing, he learns he’s now stuck in a time loop that resurrects him and brings him back to a specific point in time whenever he’s killed. Mentored by Emily Blunt’s Sergeant Rita Vrataski, who also once had this same time loop ability, Cage improves his fighting skills and is eventually able to neutralize the Mimic threat.

No specific story details for Edge of Tomorrow 2 have been revealed yet other than that it will pick up where Edge of Tomorrow left off, but also go backwards in time, thus serving as both a sequel and a prequel. Doug Liman also said that will introduce a major new character who will “steal the movie” from Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt’s characters, although we’re still in the dark about who this important new player is.

A release date hasn’t been set yet for Edge of Tomorrow 2, so keep checking back with CinemaBlend for that information and other updates. In the meantime, don’t forget to look through our 2019 release schedule to learn what movies are hitting theaters later this year.

I'm not a big CG fan, and couldn't understand why we would send and waste troops when the enemy moves under the sand and we're strapped in cumbersome weapon walking rigs. I know, the enemy wasn't supposed to be expecting them. Plus, he never got even with the General. I didn't like Groundhog Day, either.

Different Strokes...:dunno:

My wife & I liked it.:pop:

We like anything Tom Cruise Sci-fi and/or Action.

have to say I'm with you. I thought it was the best Tom Cruise movie I'd seen in years. Maybe seeing him get killed a bunch of times made it more enjoyable for me. Thought it was like watching a Roadrunner cartoon. Like learning a video game and progressively getting better. Inventive and fun in my book.

I'm not a big CG fan, and couldn't understand why we would send and waste troops when the enemy moves under the sand and we're strapped in cumbersome weapon walking rigs. I know, the enemy wasn't supposed to be expecting them. Plus, he never got even with the General. I didn't like Groundhog Day, either.
I had a problem with all the knowledge that the scientist had about the aliens. I really could not figure out a way how he would know such details, even from Blunt's character's experience.

I had a problem with all the knowledge that the scientist had about the aliens. I really could not figure out a way how he would know such details, even from Blunt's character's experience.

He had one of these...

M%C3%A1quina%2Bdel%2BTiempo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom