Hotness Picks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abyss

Tyme Teller
Anybody seen anything from M.D. and Hotness picks, been almost a year sense any Email.

Never good when bridges are burnt for whatever reasons, just as an example the main contributor was Android. It's true it was another avenue to help Wing clear out the inventory when he was winding down the company, but IMO it possibly could be a contributing factor of how the frequency of past deals has virtually dried up.

Hotness%20Android%20deals.jpg~original

All seems to be quiet on that front.:dunno:

Anybody seen anything from M.D. and Hotness picks, been almost a year sense any Email.

Let me just start with a disclaimer that this is a rumor floating around Facebook. It states that Tim Temple has been fired by Evine, and in turn is in talks with Michael Davis, Jim Skeleton, and Larry Meagan to host some type of watch show on Acorn. I don't see any of this happening of course, but has anyone heard anything about Tim being let go by Evine? Shows are barely watchable now, looks like this will mean more hours of Kendy and Allison. Ugh!

tumblr_n36ernuXvs1to5su3o1_500.gif

Let me just start with a disclaimer that this is a rumor floating around Facebook. It states that Tim Temple has been fired by Evine, and in turn is in talks with Michael Davis, Jim Skeleton, and Larry Meagan to host some type of watch show on Acorn. I don't see any of this happening of course, but has anyone heard anything about Tim being let go by Evine? Shows are barely watchable now, looks like this will mean more hours of Kendy and Allison. Ugh!

tumblr_n36ernuXvs1to5su3o1_500.gif

Well, there was a post that Tim is no longer with Evine, but nothing about who initiated the deed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I unsubscribed from Hotness Picks and unfriended him on Facebook when he threw Wing under the bus for no reason regarding the sale of the Android name. Karma is a bitch - my guess is karma bit Davis in the a$$ and he is no longer has anything to do in the watch industry.

I unsubscribed from Hotness Picks and unfriended him on Facebook when he threw Wing under the bus for no reason regarding the sale of the Android name. Karma is a bitch - my guess is karma bit Davis in the a$$ and he is no longer has anything to do in the watch industry.

What did Michael Davis say about Android ?
Is there a link to send me about what happened ??
I missed this :grin

What did Michael Davis say about Android ?
Is there a link to send me about what happened ??
I missed this :grin

I can't seem to find the thread that this was previously discussed, but if I remember right Michael posted on Facebook about the rights to the name "Android" being sold, and was pretty flippant and posted "Screw it, you have a right to know!" as if Wing was somehow deceiving his fans or doing something wrong or shady by not disclosing. I think everyone saw the writing on the wall when there were big Android sales that this chapter was likely coming to an end and Wing would emerge under a new company name, and there was speculation that he sold the rights to the name "Android". Wing deserved to be able to make that announcement when he felt the time was right (or who knows - there could have been a non-disclosure agreement or something that Michael would have no knowledge of), and if I remember correctly it was a few days afterward that Wing posted an announcement (his hand was likely forced to announce sooner than he wanted). I thought that was pretty low of Michael to do since Wing helped Davis allowing him to sell Android watches on his Hotness Picks. So I decided not to support Davis or any watch company he associates with (which I don't think he is affiliated with anyone at the moment). I always felt like he was "using" his friends in the watch business like Craig Hester, Wing, Stan to get them to sell their watches under "Hotness Pics" (which I never understood that model - why add a middle-man when you have your own distribution channels that you could sell direct and be able to offer to the end customer at a lower price or sell at the same price and keep more of the profits).

I'll take a different take on this or just play devil's advocate because it is what we do here on a discussion board. Speculate when we have no absolute facts. I'm as guilty of that as anybody who has ever posted here. One allowing MD to sell his product that was already being liquidated. In my book that means they were helping each other. MD was using Wing, Wing was using any op to dump his product. They knew each other . They spent time together in Minnesota often over the years. We here at Wits were speculating every aspect of what was going on so were we doing Wing dirty as well. Shame on all of us. Buying all his products, worshipping him like a God, helping him to live a well earned living. MD who was in an arrangement with these people was also helping Wing along with himself of course move what was essentially dead product lining both their pockets with some income source. MD also worked with Craig Hester and was doing some work at places like JCK with him and Vostok.Europe. Wing also had an arrangement of sorts to with Craig Hester to help produce Zavtra watches. I remember here someone asking Craig Hester if Zavtra would ever produce more products. He said he was not sure but would like to(paraphrasing). much like the above post by Gopennstate). Wing then was asked pretty much the same question and said no he no longer would be doing Zavtra.(this was during the down time of Android). Did Wing do Craig dirty there or was he just telling the truth. I'll go with just telling the truth. Wing helped Jim Skelton produce his Strider watch. When the Zavtra line and the Strider line under performed Wing it seems like a smart business man that he is decided against continuing with the projects. Pretty sure Skelton and Craig Hester wouldv'e liked to continue those projects. Did Wing do them dirty. No he pushed out all remaining product at crazy low prices to move the product out of his inventory to make some money. Lets just say this. This watch thing is what it is. A business. These people were all scratching each others back to make products to sell and to make money for themselves. At least Wing created and creates his own products to sell. He wasn't out of the kindness of his heart working with Craig Hester, Jim Skelton, or Michael Davis, he was doing what business men do. Try to make money. I put Wing and Craig in a much higher category as they created their brands. Jim Skelton and someone like Michael Davis were people who started on forums like this and tried to get into the industry or were picked. Invicta hand picked Skelton for ShopNbc, and he recommended Michael Davis and that's how they got in the industry. Do I care that Wing may have gotten his feelings hurt by a facebook post. Not really. These guys all intertwined to sell his products which made him money. I don't know their actual arrangements, actual frienships, or how hurt their feelings really are. I do know this. Wing is still in business. Craig is still in business(albeit without his baby Zavtra). Seems to be the creators or innovators are still going . and the others we can speculate like we are doing in this thread and we were all doing about Wing last year. Strongest tend to survive in business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom