👨🏼⚕️Flu shot/shingles shot💉

wambo

Tyme Master Jr.
Staff member
Founding Member
CCD is saying we should get the flu shot before the end of October. I'm not convinced it's ever helped me, but the hospital requires it. But since two of our docs got Shingles [one had it involving his eye, and was in pain and could not work], those over 50 oughta consider getting it. I got both yesterday, one in each arm. It starts really aching a few hours later, and I feel really fatigued today. I hope this crap works. The Shingrix vaccine has over a 90% effective rate, and requires a second shot within 2 to 6 months.

i got shingles ( adult chicken pox ) and no shot last year ...it sucked but i got over it...and now my body has manufactured immunities... flu well... i probably will get influenza and rhinovirus this year... and acquire those immunities the hard way...( i do use elderberry tincture- elderberries soaked a month in 100 proof vodka or grain alcohol -- just use a few drops under tongue...watch out for DWI 2 tablespoons will probably get u a jail cell )

not running for shots... minority here... not looking to argue with those that get them... as long as my immune system works gonna use that and acquire the immunities the hard way...jmho

I get the flu shot every year , especially since the hospital requires it, and I swear that in Feb 2017, I got so sick, that I thought my wife would find my dead body on the powder room floor Sunday morning. I can't believe it helped me survive or reduce the illness a single sliver, because I was way too sick. But both shots are free, and I am cheap and love free stuff, so what the heck, might as well try it.

frabz-Trust-me-Im-the-Doctor-8b7624.jpg

I got the flu when I was 40. I was sick for 10 days. I thought I was gonna die. I wanted to die. I could barely get out of bed to go to the bathroom. I survived, obviously. But even though back then (27 years ago) they only recommended flu shots for people over 60, I started getting the flu shot every year and have never had the flu since.

I got the shingles shot a few years ago and just got the better shingrix shots this year. Shingles sounds mean as heck and I do not want any part of it!

Our Hospital/Health System requires them as well. I never had a flu shot until I started working for them. I’ll be getting mine in October when they start needling everyone. :oops:

Yep, we need to provide documentation that we got the flu shot, including the batch #! Jeez!

Btw, I'm a lot darker than that blonde icon face guy, lol.

I've never had the shot but I did get the flu a few years back and it was pretty crappy. I'm at the age I should take it more seriously. As for Shingles it runs in my family and my dad had a horrible case of it and he was a tough f-er and he was miserable. I probably should grow up and take the shots.

Shingles is basically, reactivation of dormant chicken pox virus. So if you had chicken pox, you are at risk for shingles, especially after age 50. It can manifest in various forms, which is a long list.

Shingles is basically, reactivation of dormant chicken pox virus. So if you had chicken pox, you are at risk for shingles, especially after age 50. It can manifest in various forms, which is a long list.

like i posted had kiddie chicken pox...got shingles last year it sucked for a week ? 10 days...my immune system cooked it and killed it...

let's see epidemiologically 20 years from now which is the right move... pharma inoculation or immune system

Well Mr Scott [like Star Trek] there can be severe manifestations, that include blindness , loss of hearing, as well as visceral stuff that are much worse that the painful rash that most get:

https://www.cdc.gov/shingles/hcp/clinical-overview.html

[FONT=&quot]Other complications of herpes zoster include:[/FONT]

• ophthalmic involvement (herpes zoster ophthalmicus) with acute or chronic ocular sequelae, including vision loss;
  • bacterial superinfection of the lesions, usually due to Staphylococcus aureus and, less commonly, due to group A beta hemolytic streptococcus;
  • cranial and peripheral nerve palsies; and
  • visceral involvement, such as meningoencephalitis, pneumonitis, hepatitis, and acute retinal necrosis.

It has been studied and it can and does have an genetic inheritance marker.in many studies. My dad had it and had a horrible time getting rid of it,, his mom had a particularly awful version that impacted her eyesight as well that lasted for years. I had chicken pox, plus I had a painful skin rash that was similar to chicken pox on my stomach area for many years as a kid. My brothers daughter has the same problem I did. I fully expect now that I'm 56 that shingles will make an appearance at some point in the upcoming years.

Well Mr Scott [like Star Trek] there can be severe manifestations, that include blindness , loss of hearing, as well as visceral stuff that are much worse that the painful rash that most get:

[FONT="]Other complications of herpes zoster include:[/FONT]

• ophthalmic involvement (herpes zoster ophthalmicus) with acute or chronic ocular sequelae, including vision loss;
  • bacterial superinfection of the lesions, usually due to Staphylococcus aureus and, less commonly, due to group A beta hemolytic streptococcus;
  • visceral involvement, such as meningoencephalitis, pneumonitis, hepatitis, and acute retinal necrosis.

Those are the versions my dad and his mom both dealt with for years. Truly painful, very debilitating and no joke that's for sure.

Other complications of herpes zoster include:

noted DR MAMBO WAMBO... as for me...better lucky than smart...thx for post...guess choosing the " anti-vax " team more than a bit atavistic ... and to be clear i do believe in vaccinating the child herd

I kinda like calling you Mr Scott since I'm a Huge fan of Star Trek. Can't get enough of it, but refuse to pay ransom to watch ST Discovery on the interweb.

It has been studied and it can and does have an genetic inheritance marker.in many studies. My dad had it and had a horrible time getting rid of it,, his mom had a particularly awful version that impacted her eyesight as well that lasted for years. I had chicken pox, plus I had a painful skin rash that was similar to chicken pox on my stomach area for many years as a kid. My brothers daughter has the same problem I did. I fully expect now that I'm 56 that shingles will make an appearance at some point in the upcoming years.
That's why you should consider Shingrix vaccine. Why suffer like your family or Scotty? Insurance gotta make it free too. One of our docs had the facial and eye manifestation, and said it was terribly painful and any light was even painful. Yeah, the shot symptoms suck for a bit, but it has to be much less then the disease.

noted DR MAMBO WAMBO... as for me...better lucky than smart...thx for post...guess choosing the " anti-vax " team more than a bit atavistic ... and to be clear i do believe in vaccinating the child herd
Was it intense for all 10 days?

Work offers it to everyone to sign up free and I never get it. My family doctor gives me a sermon about this stuff while his nurses stand behind him rolling their eyes. I tell him doc, in a perfect world I'd take your advice and you would have hair on your head.

Back
Top Bottom