The Perfect Submariner: Why Tudor is Preferred Over Rolex + Unboxing/Review

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
AGF-l7_FuvqVPFUy1tdQwp1jXm7KCWbR-v570dyQ4g=s48-c-k-c0xffffffff-no-rj-mo

Published on Sep 20, 2019

The Urban Gentry

Today I not only unbox a Submariner ref. 79090, but after more than a week of serious wrist time and 6 months of hunting, I go straight into the review too. This is highly unusual for me, but when you have owned and experienced as many Subs as I have, it feels amazing to finally find the perfect one.

Why is the allure of the classic Rolex and Tudor Submariners so strong? Why is this reference better (in my opinion) than all other references (both newer and older) that I've owned and tried? Even if it is far inferior to the technical and engineering supremacy of the modern Rolex 116610LN, why do I still prefer this dated Tudor? How does it differ from my previous Tudor 36mm 75090 in blue? And why did I choose to buy this and not the historic Tudor 7928, which I previously reviewed several months ago, or for that matter, the ref. 1680 counterpart from Rolex? Why is this a better value compared to the more desired "Snowflake" submariners?

As well as discussing my personal feelings and thoughts about it, I share why I chose this over the legendary 1960s BlancPain Bathyscape MC4 that I bought and sold quite quickly. So quickly that I didn't even have time to make a serious video about it! Join me for some positives, negatives, and a ton of questions addressed in this special episode about one of my favorite and most iconic watches of all time, and one that will always be in my personal collection.

Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:hat:

Back
Top Bottom