Say it isn’t so.....

leelovesbug

Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member
#nomoresnow!:nono:

[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK FOR LAKE, MCHENRY, WALWORTH AND KENOSHA COUNTIES (AS OF 4/25/19 @ 9:35PM)[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]***ANOTHER RARE LATE SEASON SIGNIFICANT ACCUMULATING SNOW IS POSSIBLE FROM SATURDAY AFTERNOON INTO SATURDAY NIGHT*** [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]A SIGNIFICANT STORM SYSTEM WILL QUICKLY MOVE ACROSS THE REGION ON SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT. PORTIONS OF FAR NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND SOUTHEASTERN WISCONSIN COULD RECEIVE SEVERAL INCHES OF HEAVY WET SNOW.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]THE BULK OF THE SNOW WOULD ACCUMULATE ON COLDER SURFACES AND GRASSY AREAS, BUT A SLUSHY ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE ON ROADS, ESPECIALLY SATURDAY EVENING.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important][FONT=inherit !important]IN ADDITION, IF HEAVY SNOW DOES OCCUR, STRONG NORTHERLY WINDS COULD FURTHER REDUCE VISIBILITY AND CAUSE MINOR TREE DAMAGE AND POWER OUTAGES.[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

Growing up in the Milwaukee area, you could pretty much count on tax time (April 15) to be the latest you ever saw a snow storm. Looks like they've thrown that rule out the window! Now you know why I live in Arizona Lee! :)

tenor.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Old Man Winter ain't done with us yet!:no:

Its late and unusual ....but not the latest....in our records it has snowed there in May.

Weather patterns seem to be changing all around the world. I just read this about how Emperor Penquin populations are being lost.

Catastrophe Drowned Thousands of Penguin Chicks

Emperor colony has suffered total breeding failure...

(NEWSER) – The second-biggest breeding ground for Antarctica's emperor penguins is now almost completely deserted after a 2016 catastrophe, researchers say. Satellite photos show that the Halley Bay colony in the Weddell Sea, where around 8% of the world's emperor penguins normally breed, disappeared almost overnight, the BBC reports. Researchers believe thousands of penguin chicks drowned when sea ice broke up in severe weather before the chicks had developed the right feathers to swim. After the disaster, researchers say, there was no breeding at the site in 2016 or 2017 and very little last year, the AP reports. In a normal year, up to 24,000 breeding pairs of penguins flock to the site, where they incubate eggs and tend to chicks on the ice. In a study published in the journal Antarctic Science, researchers say many, but not all, of the penguins have shifted to the nearby Dawson-Lambton breeding area. Researchers say the collapse of the Halley Bay colony does not appear to be directly linked to climate change, but it is worrying because the area, one of the coldest parts of Antarctica, was seen as a relatively safe haven from rising temperatures. "We've never seen a breeding failure on a scale like this in 60 years," study author Phil Trathan, head of conservation biology at the British Antarctic Survey, tells the AP. "It's unusual to have a complete breeding failure in such a big colony." The BBC notes, however, that with the Brunt ice shelf soon to calve a huge iceberg, the colony could have been doomed in any case.

I just received a message that my area is now under a Winter Storm Warning :wow:

May is just a few days away!:foot:
Give me a break! :lol:

37b6c645c6d6b63e30975b1b41d03b9c.jpg

008d20a6dfcf1f50a6135546532b3f59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And you thought you could put away the winter coats.:nope:......:wink:

And you thought you could put away the winter coats.:nope:......:wink:

I've been switching the coats for days now, lightweight daytime, winter weight nighttime, the warm weather can't make up its mind if its gonna stay or not.:lol:

Buffalo holds some records I think. Every time I hear snow I think of you Dayman :wink:
^^^^^We do get our share of the "White Stuff", that's for sure.:lol:​^^^^^

I just received a message that my area is now under a Winter Storm Warning :wow:

May is just a few days away!:foot:
Give me a break! :lol:

37b6c645c6d6b63e30975b1b41d03b9c.jpg

008d20a6dfcf1f50a6135546532b3f59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry for your winter weather woes Lee, but we all have our crosses to bear. For example, today in Scottsdale, it was so warm (nearly 100) that I had to drive home from work today with my convertible top up and the air conditioning on!! :wow: . I almost began began to perspire before I made it home. Next week we are supposed to be back down to the high 80s, so I think everything will be alright. :dance:

Growing up in the Milwaukee area, you could pretty much count on tax time (April 15) to be the latest you ever saw a snow storm. Looks like they've thrown that rule out the window! Now you know why I live in Arizona Lee! :)

same in HUDSON VALLEY.... white stuff reminder to pay UNCLE SUGAR... and in tyme to kill MAGNOLIA FLOWERS...oldest flower in the world

Back
Top Bottom