SAS TOURBY $679

leelovesbug

Tyme Warper
Staff member
Warper
Deals Master
Founding Member
18222128_2064231260471203_2777437615916821492_n.jpg

SAS Tourbillon is back during the Invicta Discovery Month Event...Live Invicta Watch shows only on Evine...

57216605_2497268843834107_3485923284250263552_n.jpg

I like this dial much more than the older spider looking one. Don’t like the high polish though.

A very cool looking piece, for sure. Thanks Lee.

These will sell out at the right price.
The MOW tourby sold out in silvertone within hours I believe.
I do agree with the high polished comment. I like high polishing with the right ingredients. If that dial was carbon fiber or mother of pearl, hi polished would have been an excellent choice. I do like the Simplicity of the dial which is definitely not Invicta style but a brushed/satin and polished bracelet finish would have been more appropriate in my opinion.

These will sell out at the right price.
The MOW tourby sold out in silvertone within hours I believe.
I do agree with the high polished comment. I like high polishing with the right ingredients. If that dial was carbon fiber or mother of pearl, hi polished would have been an excellent choice. I do like the Simplicity of the dial which is definitely not Invicta style but a brushed/satin and polished bracelet finish would have been more appropriate in my opinion.

18222128_2064231260471203_2777437615916821492_n.jpg

SAS Tourbillon is back during the Invicta Discovery Month Event...Live Invicta Watch shows only on Evine...

57216605_2497268843834107_3485923284250263552_n.jpg

I think this would be killer if they did a black bezel and black center links like the 15929. Would give it a sporty look.

I think this would be killer if they did a black bezel and black center links like the 15929. Would give it a sporty look.

I liked the contrast of these executions:

invicta-reserve-tourbillon-mens-watch-1573.jpg

soldout_2008_overlay_1

I liked the contrast of these executions:

invicta-reserve-tourbillon-mens-watch-1573.jpg

soldout_2008_overlay_1

Agreed. I was never a fan of the animal designs but the spider is a cool design. Plus it has the grinded metal in the background which is pretty cool contrast also. I think the new silvertone version will do well. I think the gold dial is a flop. I don't like gold but two tone seems to be increasing in popularity and an extra 3 minutes of thought with the "design team" should have determined that a gold bezel and gold Center links with a silver dial or black dial with gold hour markers would have made this design flow much better.

Like most of the newer SAS models the old ones were built better IMO. I'm not too sure about these newer tourbillons if the build stacks up well compared to the originals. I like the all black version the best.

qJeXo5P.jpg
EiwUzAM.jpg
MBSCluR.jpg
2xPau4e.jpg
HLtBWbk.jpg
KFa2jQB.jpg
5mO4gD9.jpg
IHBmU5z.jpg
nFKx3kh.jpg
HezpLKD.jpg
PGiTpor.jpg
G9mkFbI.jpg

The new design is far more clean and appeal to my taste. But do I really need another tourby.
Thanks Lee

If I didn't already have a few tourby's I would consider this one. Like the nice clean dial

Like most of the newer SAS models the old ones were built better IMO. I'm not too sure about these newer tourbillons if the build stacks up well compared to the originals. I like the all black version the best.

xDsISU.jpg
94QDO6.jpg

g7wGYX.jpg
ujNLnr.jpg
XZTLuA.jpg
vNtlZH.jpg

The builds are worse, the links are thinner, probably the same movement though. Can you cheapen the same exact movement?
That black is nice but I'm guessing full polished which cheapens the look to a costume jewelry style, just IMO.
Matte and satin black would be killer.

I am really shocked that these did not sell out already on Yellow Tag.
This is the kind of thing that just fuels invicta's decision to put a z60 in everything. If people don't really care about the movement, why not put the cheapest one in?

If you made this in a 42mm then they would have something. Works for some I know, but at this size it's just not me. A better auto movement would also help.

I don't own a tourby yet. This one won't be the first. Chicom movement in a cheapened SAS build. I agree with Mike, the previous, more intricate build was a better watch. I will admit that Seagull movement's seem to have a good reputation, assuming this is a Seagull, I haven't looked. The BiGI branding not withstanding.

EDIT: Just looked, yeah, Seagull. Seems odd that they'd put on a rotating bezel that's blank. Whatever.

Back
Top Bottom