Apple sold more watches than Rolex, Swatch, and the rest of the Swiss watch industry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple outsold Rolex. I didn't do anything to help those numbers for either one of em' :fishin:

Apple doesn't release sales figures so it is all speculation and not to get political but Business Insider is not the most credible source for news. Having said that I don't doubt the race is close but it is more a race of "losers". The sensor tech that Apple and other fitness watches use has a long way to go, I have tried several fitness watches. Once the Chinese satisfied their initial Swiss Automatic urge, they got over it pretty quickly.

I picked on up an I use it for workouts heart rate music, controlling the Apple TV, the home app which lets you control things around the house.
but I will however trade to to one of you fine gentlemen for a bright. or Rolex

lol

Apple doesn't release sales figures so it is all speculation and not to get political but Business Insider is not the most credible source for news. Having said that I don't doubt the race is close but it is more a race of "losers". The sensor tech that Apple and other fitness watches use has a long way to go, I have tried several fitness watches. Once the Chinese satisfied their initial Swiss Automatic urge, they got over it pretty quickly.

not arguing...only a point of clarification re chinese watches... i wish newish member HONG KONG EDDIE would step in...but i think he posted to launch his new tool and must be busy...so here is ScottyB's take on " once the Chinese satisfied Swiss Automatic urge, they got over it pretty quickly "

MY UNDERSTANDING is for a pretty long while coinciding with very strong swiss watch sales... the presentation of a swiss watch was a necessary custom required to do business in china... these were not like I buy in the $100 - $1000 range...but more like $5,000-$20,000-

for a big dollar contract this was just a small amount of money ...and " customary " like baksheesh in other countries...

a couple years ago it is my understanding that the display of a swiss watch was prohibited by the PRC--

this factor is of singular importance...when combined with smart watch competition...and the fact that a wrist clock is now a duplicative discretionary time keeper because 99% of the population carries a mobile with time display--

the chinese did not lose the urge...but they are prohibited---

these factors caused the much lower earnings appearing in 2016...

industry chatter is playing up a 4% rebound driven by cost cutting and much lower prices...however; imho consolidation and cost cutting will predominate IMHO-

Apples and Oranges. They sell a lot but I can't imagine they last too long. Maybe that's be design.......

tumblr_n8g8e0HBuJ1td362fo1_500.gif

Apples and Oranges. They sell a lot but I can't imagine they last too long. Maybe that's be design.......

tumblr_n8g8e0HBuJ1td362fo1_500.gif

short saddle life agree- by design and by accident... the whole word competing to make a better mouse trap-

-i don't use them...among my peers real & imaginary only dick tracy talks to the wrist-

Compliments of a TechCrunch long term review:

v2CdGpm.gif

Nothing I could add to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom