The Waiting is Over, Finally after 16 months, the Giant Squid (more pics pg4)

Congrats Gavin happy new year that is a thing of beauty! I glad it was well worth the wait. Has your mine changed about the pre-orders after putting this one on your wrist? Wear this one well and in great health!

Congrats Gavin. Yes the wait was long but not compromising quality was def worth the wait.

The nato strap was a last minute free add on to those who pre ordered as an apology for the delay in getting these out. Definitely not a standard run of the mill nato either

You configuration is great. And nice up close and personal photos showing the fine details of this amazing watch. I forgot I own other watches lol. I’ve been wearing mine non stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worth the wait for sure. Great pics and very cool accessories with the Kalmar (Kraken).
It's all good Gavin. I just did the pre-order so ... .

Gavin your pics and description demonstrate your knowledge and love of quality timepieces.

I like that he gives you every possible bracelet/strap option--rubber, stainless bracelet, Nato, and the beautiful handmade leather strap.

All I can say is now I REALLY want one LOL!

Enjoy, and thanks for the show!

This is totally a "Timecat" watch. blue and black chrono, great bracelet, 44mm (approx. bezel width) I'll have to bring this and my Squales out for your browsing pleasure next time we hit the Manhattan shops.

Spectacular pics!!! I think he's got the best bracelets and one of the best hand set ups in the biz. Wear that proudly!!
The handset was the toughest decision here and TBH I'm still not 100% sure. I really like what I have but the handset on DannyT's is awesome too and I was going back and forth between the two before finally deciding.

Congrats Gavin on a beautiful choice, your Pics are awesome, as usual. Waiting, seems forever, for my black dial/square Bezel version to arrive, I hope it looks as stunning as your blue/black choice. Enjoy it often, in good health...

Looking forward to your impressions... we seem to be drawn to similar watches often Mark.
Congrats Gavin happy new year that is a thing of beauty! I glad it was well worth the wait. Has your mine changed about the pre-orders after putting this one on your wrist? Wear this one well and in great health!

Not sure... I'll have to live with it a little while, my gut is no more pre-orders.

Congrats Gavin. Yes the wait was long but not compromising quality was def worth the wait.

The nato strap was a last minute free add on to those who pre ordered as an apology for the delay in getting these out. Definitely not a standard run of the mill nato either

You configuration is great. And nice up close and personal photos showing the fine details of this amazing watch. I forgot I own other watches lol. I’ve been wearing mine non stop.

yeah for now I think I'm going to wear this one a lot. Probably the bracelet for at least a couple days. The nato is super sweet but I'm thinking I will add a BluShark Alpha Slim in blue. The space between the lugs and the spring bar is tight.... the slimmer nato should slide in better and after seeing yours on a blue nato... I need some kind of blue strap for this watch!

Lov02sI.gif

Wow! That's one sweet TIMEpiece. Love it even more on the strap. Congrats and enjoy Gavin!

This is totally a "Timecat" watch. blue and black chrono, great bracelet, 44mm (approx. bezel width) I'll have to bring this and my Squales out for your browsing pleasure next time we hit the Manhattan shops.

The handset was the toughest decision here and TBH I'm still not 100% sure. I really like what I have but the handset on DannyT's is awesome too and I was going back and forth between the two before finally deciding.

Looking forward to your impressions... we seem to be drawn to similar watches often Mark.

Not sure... I'll have to live with it a little while, my gut is no more pre-orders.

yeah for now I think I'm going to wear this one a lot. Probably the bracelet for at least a couple days. The nato is super sweet but I'm thinking I will add a BluShark Alpha Slim in blue. The space between the lugs and the spring bar is tight.... the slimmer nato should slide in better and after seeing yours on a blue nato... I need some kind of blue strap for this watch!

I highly recommend the phenomenato strap. They offer navy blue and it’s 1.2mm thick and will fit perfectly. Same strap quality as the H2O one you have except their buckle isnt as nice as the H2O. The black nato you got I believe is 1.4mm thick and anything thicker will be an issue.

WOW!! That is some AMAZING blueness on that dial, a blue that stands up beautifully to all of that stainless steel, even subduing it to assert its presence. I really, really like this H2O, as I have so many others before it, but I like the way this one balances the dial with all of that steel. The dial layout kicks backside & takes names, and it looks awesome on your wrist, Gavin. I like the strap/bracelet choices, save for the cut-it-yourself rubber, which I have always disliked -- admittedly because my weight tends to fluctuate, thus making custom cutting a farce, in my case. The rest of it is all 4.0 in every respect, and I can't wait to hear about how you're enjoying your new H2O. It's one of those brands that I've gotten ever closer to buying over the last year, or so, and this one has pushed me even nearer toward that 'trigger' we all keep talking about pulling... :wink: Oh well, as I'm fond of saying, CONGRATULATIONS on this terrific pick-up; now go enjoy the H-E-Double-Hockey-Sticks out of it!!

I love, and I want ! What a beautiful watch, definitely has an Oris look, but the blue in that dial kills the flat blue Oris dial.

early out of the gate contender 2019 tool of the year...let's revisit in 10 months

Back
Top Bottom