Is it just me or has Shinola Taken this whole made in America thing to serious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsfan1001

Banned
I have one Shinola the Runwell 47mm and would like to add a few more down the road the now discontinued Rambler GMT, the moonphase and their new 300m diver or and their Black Blizzard. But its like their gone a little MIA crazy (Made in America) from Turntables, baseball mitts, basketballs, headphones I can understand the jewelry, bicycles, and even their leather goods but do we really need those? Now I'm sure those are all nice products but I just don't see the point.

Made in America has a big following. There are not a ton of companies doing this, so I think their business decision makes sense on this front. I may not be willing to pony up the extra cash they want for it, but I do like the idea behind it.

I ain’t mad at them. Need more American made stuff around these parts as long as they are made great then why not?

Those earbuds look pretty sweet. I'd try them.

I would like to add a few Filsons and Shinolas some day.

Sent from the White House on the tax payers dime.

Country of manufacturing origin is a big thing in many gear-centric hobbies. It just is for those consumers who value it and are willing to pay more for a product based on where it is made. So its that kind of enthusiast market they are targeting. I don't think Shinola is overboard in that regard. I think its admirable what they have accomplished with their labor force in the Detroit area.

I don't always value manufacturing origins myself but I can understand why others may. I personally believe quality manufacturing processes are not bound by work force ethnicity or physical geography. A quality manufacturing process and product can originate from anywhere and from any company who is willing to invest in it.

Made in America has a big following. There are not a ton of companies doing this, so I think their business decision makes sense on this front. I may not be willing to pony up the extra cash they want for it, but I do like the idea behind it.

I will agree we need more things made in the US but where does it stop? Tampons? Blocks of Cheese? Yes I really did say Tampons ha ha ha.

I’ll buy USA as much as I can to support us all. Shinola products aren’t my style and are a tad expensive but I love them for keeping it out front.

if its made in America.... the more the merrier
whos that guy?? whats that song again.... born in the something ??

Bruce!

^^^^^+1:hand:^^^^^

I will agree we need more things made in the US but where does it stop? Tampons? Blocks of Cheese? Yes I really did say Tampons ha ha ha.

I wish there was no end to it, to be frank. The more jobs that my fellow Americans can have access to, the better. Don’t you think that’s a good thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A baseball glove or bicycle enthusiast might be thinking "hasn't Shinola gone too far by making wristwatches?"

why does it need to stop? Wouldn't it be better if we could manufacture as much of our own goods as possible?

I see no reason for them to restrict themselves to only one product.

But a thousand bucks for a back pack is CRAZY!!!

why does it need to stop? Wouldn't it be better if we could manufacture as much of our own goods as possible?

I just think after awhile it deminishish the brand and products. I have nothing against US made products but there as to be a time when we say geez enough.
But that's just the way I feel but like I mentioned above I still wouldn't mind adding a few more Shinola Watches to the one I own.

I wish there was no end to it, to be frank. The more jobs that my fellow Americans can have access to, the better. Don’t you think that’s a good thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I agree the more things made in The US is great but just too many things can be too much especially coming from one company.
Look at Cartier and Bvlgari two very powerful luxury brands that make both jewelry and watches but the difference here is they don't go
overboard with it. I wouldn't be that surprised if Shinola starts pumping out Mattresses?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinola

I think they should have stayed with

QotDv92.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom