Longines Skin Diver Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstnpete

Tyme Machine
https://olive55wrist.com/2018/10/11/new-release-the New longines-skin-diver-watch/

ca8d3f165926c5710f0195b6740f8e13.jpg

[New release] The Longines Skin Diver Watch

Longines gives new life to its first diver watch by introducing The Longines Skin Diver Watch

In homage to the watchmaking tradition it has carried on for more than 185 years, Longines has chosen to revisit the historical pieces that helped solidify its international reach. Now, the winged hourglass brand is bringing its first diver watch – a 1959 timepiece – back to life. The Longines Skin Diver Watch reflects the sleek aesthetic of the original model while offering high-performing, contemporary technical features. This new watch is an enthusiastic tribute to the timelessness of the Saint-Imier watchmaker’s creations and its ability to spotlight history through art and elegance.

The Longines historic collection regularly serves as the brand’s inspiration for the creation of new models, in particular its Heritage re-editions. Now, Longines is breathing new life into its first diver watch, a 1959 piece that was introduced at a time when water sports were becoming extremely popular. Reliable and elegant, the model would be a great success among diving enthusiasts. The Longines Skin Diver Watch derives its essence from this emblematic timepiece that made an important mark on the company’s history.

This new creation preserves the spirit and clean lines of the original model while benefiting from the brand’s watchmaking expertise. It features high-performing, contemporary technical characteristics, such as sapphire crystal, a screwed-in crown and back for water resistance up to 300 metres, and a highly reliable automatic L888 calibre, produced exclusively for Longines.

The Longines Skin Diver Watch features the sober aesthetic typical of diver watches. Its 42mm steel case is characterised by its striking unidirectional bezel coated in black PVD and enhanced with markers, including a luminescent triangle, which serves as the main indicator for calculating immersion time. Its grained black dial, topped with domed sapphire crystal, features indexes, Arabic numerals and hands covered in Super LumiNova to ensure optimal reading of time in line with the demands of the discipline. Like the original model, a stamped logo illustrating a diver adorns the back of this piece. Customers can choose between a black rubber strap with a criss-crossed finish, a Milanese-style steel bracelet or a natural brown leather strap to complete the look of this characterful watch.

The Longines Skin Diver Watch will delight fans of water sports who want to wear a high-performing timepiece but refuse to compromise on elegance.

Reference numbers* * * * L2.822.4.56.2/6/9

Caliber* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Mechanical self-winding movement,

Calibre L888.2 (ETA A31.L01)

11½ lines, 21 jewels, 25’200 vibrations per hours

Power reserve: 64 hours

Functions* * * * * * * * * * * * Hours, minutes and seconds

Case********************************* Round, stainless steel, Æ 42 mm

Unidirectional rotating bezel with black PVD treatment enhanced with indexes, Arabic numerals and a luminescent triangle at 12 o’clock

Screw-down case back and screw-in crown

Embossed diver symbol on case back

Dial*********************************** Domed grained black dial, 8 indices and 4 Arabic numerals with Super-LumiNova

Hands******************************* Polished rhodium-plated with Super-LumiNova

Water-resistance* * * * * * *To 30 bar (300 meters)

Crystal****************************** Domed sapphire with several layers of anti-reflective coating on both sides

Strap********************************* Milanese stainless steel bracelet with triple safety folding clasp and push-piece opening mechanism

Brown leather strap with diving buckle

Black rubber strap with diving buckle

Retail is : $2600.00
79df03a8b6e88db9b3710b3ddc6c56c4.jpg
7aa4dfae358bb0ed9fcbe438dbd84339.jpg
c14472fd95b0ec237f9631f0b5ae1569.jpg
27573f38815c433ef2428cdb430490bc.jpg

09b9a1850e179e4f2f87f623ca32e5c9.jpg
1a6639fd25d442a341ed9f97cc13ebbf.jpg
f934143875d7a00c5584663db287e9cb.jpg

:up:A very clean, smooth, and handsome, Diver, from Longines.:applaud: Thanks for the HU, and information.:good::cool:

I'm really liking this watch too.... reminds me of the Omega Seamaster 300!

I’m really digging the look of this one.
Its pretty pricey though.

I’m really digging the look of this one.
Its pretty pricey though.

DIVES to the office mucho style ...would spear 1 at DOD grey market after capitalist santa blows his wad...ricochet grey market from world's plethora of troubled hot spots... people's republic will be cool to tools in response to trade war...south america ? don't think there will be impulse consumption going on... endless list of troubled world econs...

I'm really liking this watch too.... reminds me of the Omega Seamaster 300!

the last ( omega means last in greek ) tough to beat on re-sale monetization ( pawn or flip )

​Add me to the list as it's a very nice looking 3 hand auto watch.

I'm diggin' it. Especially the long lugs.

DIVES to the office mucho style ...would spear 1 at DOD grey market after capitalist santa blows his wad...ricochet grey market from world's plethora of troubled hot spots... people's republic will be cool to tools in response to trade war...south america ? don't think there will be impulse consumption going on... endless list of troubled world econs...

Definitely agree this is one to keep an eye on the grey market and forums.

Big unknown with the trade wars....

Definitely agree this is one to keep an eye on the grey market and forums.

Big unknown with the trade wars....

good point...even if watches are not per se trade war targets...they may be collateral damage of just " less consumption " or cautious consumption from diminution of animal spirits or in the case of people's republic just a ban

known knowns

unknown knowns

known unknowns

unknown unknowns

The TIMEpiece on mesh really spoke to me. A simple complication, just beautiful.

Here's the Omega Seamaster 300... see the similarity?
For a homage and pricing the Longines is a winner!

Cheers....
895d4bd5eb3ebd1bc4db56c737a4e6d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom