Jomashop Reputation _ My Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

Passintyme

Tyme Watcher
Didnt know where to post this so I threw it in here.

Purchased my first watch online from Jomashop - a Swiss Military Rallye Watch.

I was looking through the doucmentation and noticed they included the wrong Calibre pamphlet which made me wonder, is this site even legit? I emailed them and showed them a pic of the pamphlet in the watch box, they said:

"We apologize for any confusion. The watch you have is the Calibre 2824-2 as shown online. The wrong documentation must've come to us from the supplier before shipping it out. Usually we do not have such paperwork, this was mistakenly put in your box and we do apologize for any inconvenience."

Sounded fishy but I could see errors happening.

I also wanted to mention they stated the band was 20mm. I ordered a 20mm metal band from WatchGecko (thanks WatchDaddy for the Rec) and noticed it was too small by 2mm. The lugs are actually spaced at 22mm and when placed next to the new metal band, the factory one is definitely wider than that one (likely 22mm as well).

Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. Not sure what you guys have experienced but I'd like to know where the most reputable watches come from online besides directly from the dealers.

Thanks!

Sorry to here about your less then great experience. I would guess I picked up at least 15 watches from Jomashop within the last few years and all purchases went perfectly. Never a problem with their watches or service. Don't give up on them, sometimes stuff happens.

My last experience with Joma was not very pleasant due to the subpar customer service protocol they had. If you got a quick response from them, then you had it better than me. Other than that, I would give them a try again. But, as always, doing some due diligence first is a must with any online vendor. I've seen mistakes here and there, so it's best to do some research on the model (brand website, other vendors, etc.).

A few years ago I ordered a watch from Jomashop, online. Their website said the watch was in stock. A few weeks past without the arrival of the watch. I called and was told the watch was on backorder. When I mentioned that the website said the watch was in stock, the young man on the other end of the line got into a semantics discussion with me over the words "in stock". I agreed to wait another few weeks for the watch to arrive, in case the order came in. The watch never arrived back in stock. After I called back again, they were at least good enough to refund my money but unless I'm desperate, I think I'm done with them.

Also keep in mind these folks are not AD's for at least Omega. They are gray market retailers for at least that brand, if not many others.

I would also say .... BUYER BEWARE !!!

There is no perfect on line watch retailer. Sooner or later, every one of them will have some sort of problem. What really matters is how they handle these problems. If the problem is addressed in a satisfying matter, then you may feel safe to try them again. If not, you may leave, never to return. It's all up to the buyer whether they feel satisfied with the way the problem was handled. Personally, jomashop has been good to me, but that could change on the next transaction. :)

that CS sounds legit and probable to me-

-they recently acquired WOW-and captive SWI TRADEMARKS ...it appears

I've ordered a bunch from them and even sent a few returns. Top notch all the way around in my eyes

pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif
crossing-oneself-christian-smiley-emoticon.gif
watching-you-smiley-emoticon.gif
thumbs-down-hand-smiley-emoticon.gif
3d-smiley-says-no-way-emoticon.gif
throat-slash-smiley-emoticon.gif
cowboy-shooting-gun-smiley-emoticon.gif

I've ordered about five watches from Jomashop and I've never had any problems.

Your bracelet experience is a good reminder of why I *NEVER EVER* buy any parts for a watch that I don't already have in my hands. Websites get watch specs and dimensions wrong constantly and Jomashop's website is no different in that regard. I can live with a brand new watch just sitting on my shelf in its box for a week or two while I wait for a replacement strap or bracelet to arrive that I know for certain will fit because I've measured the space between the watch lugs myself with a caliper.

I've ordered from them several times over the years, and never had any issues with them. As for the lug width being wrong, I'm not defending them, but I have learned over the years that many sites get this wrong a lot. If it's important to me, I always double check other sites for measurements. I have even sized watch pics on my computer screen to their known case size so I can double check the measurement of the lug with on my screen with a ruler. (This sounds goofy, but it often works :) )

All my purchases from them have been excellent, so has Ashford which I personally prefer. Neither company has ever given me any problems.

Worst problem I ever had with Jomashop after about 15 purchases was a box beaten in a couple of places inside and I believe it was the watch on its mount moving around that caused it. The SM 300m was fine btw.

I have had nothing but good experiences from Ashford & Jomashop personally

I've generally had good experiences with Joma and Ashford. I feel like Ashford has a leg up in terms of customer service, but Joma has a broader array of watches for sale at any given time.

My only bad experience with Joma was trying to buy an out of production watch for a friend. The ad did not say it was specifically in stock, but I couldn't find it elsewhere, so I bought it. After a couple of weeks, they hadn't shipped it so I canceled and got a refund.

Every other transaction I've done with them has been good. I recently bought a Seiko Recraft from them which I think I posted here on WIT somewhere. Not a big purchase, but Joma had the best price and shipped it out right away. Arrived in perfect condition.

Ordering online is a crap shoot, it just comes with the territory.
Thank you for the HU !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom