My Ebay account was hacked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnro6659

Tyme Machine
I can't say enough about how good Ebay is about security. Got an Email today from Ebay suspicious behavior was noticed on my account. :shake: It ended up in the spam folder so I thought it was a fake spoof/phishing scam. So I went directly to Ebay and sure enough I was locked out of my account!!!!! Scared the crap out of me. :no: Well after a few min on the phone they sent me a reset password email because who ever it was changed my old password and I couldn't change it from my account so the girl on the phone got it worked out. Ebay also locked out my Pay Pal link that I had to re link. Thanks again Ebay for closing the link before all my dough disappeared out of my bank account:applaud:. A few people I know got the same Emails so guys just to be safe check your spam folder and/or your accounts.

This had to be some hacking thru Ebay because I never click links I am very suspicious about any Emails I get from CC companies, banks etc. I always hit reply to see who's email pops up and 99% of the time is some Gmail AOL or Yahoo return address not the company listed in the Email from line.

Just sending out this little heads up guys trying to keep my fellow WIT guys on the lookout and keep their money in their pockets.

Thanks for the info. Just checked and my eBay is ok.

Sent from The White House on taxpayers dimes.

Thanks for the reminder that you can't be too careful in the internet world. It's great to hear that you didn't suffer from any real damage.

I just checked my eBay account and it's A-OK.

Glad they got it sorted out. Thanks for the heads up.

FYI: Paypal is also very good with this sort of thing.

Anyone else get an Email? From what I understand it was a breach at Ebay not due to anything we might have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom