Just Because . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

TymeBandit

Tyme Master Jr.
Founding Member
I've always liked SL's Abyssos but the cards never fell right. Either there was no good sale price available, or it was only available with a movement I wasn't interested in (even though I've had no problems with the Swiss Claro 888 movement it used to come with and that I've had in my collection in the past) it wasn't on my "want another one" list. But when this chance came up I scooped it just because .....

I've always wanted an Abyssos
It has the Swiss made STP1-11 28,800 BPH movement that I didn't have but was very interested in
I thought it would look good with the spare C&C cut Skull buckle I had lying around
My buddy Kevin (firewatch44) offered it for sale
I wanted to treat myself for Father's Day
The price was incredible
And just because ... because ...... Amuraca!

On to a few pics.

Post note: If you don't have, and ever get a chance to get a watch with the Swiss STP1-11 high-beat movement in it, POUNCE! This movement has probably the the smoothest sweep second hand I've ever seen in an automatic. And though it's not that important to me, for those who accuracy is important to, it's running only 4-5 seconds fast per day so far.

Very nice, Congrats! Abyssos are great, I have a few (some Gen I with the ETA day/date and some Gen II with the STP) I also have found the STP to be smooth running and accurate. The Abyssos is a fun chunky classic dive watch. You snagged a winner there!

Darn Arthur, nice pick-up! Especially with the STP1-11 Swissness keeping time.
Always liked a Abyssos, and remember JS hawking them on WOW !!!

You really know how to treat yourself, Arthur. She's a beauty, and the skull treatment is a nice touch.
Congrats, thanks for the slide show, and enjoy!

Awesome Abyssos Arthur say that 3 times fastand skull upgrade it's a great value in a Swiss made tool! Mine says hi
0906e190f2ca596958b5cb1290beefd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great looking watch - love the buckle -enjoy!

:outstand: A big congratulations, Arthur!:up::applaud:

Awesome pics, as usual! That skull buckle adds an edge that wasn't there before.

Hard to find a better value than the Abyssos. Swiss Auto, 1,000 Meters, between$100 and $200. You can't beat that!

Congrats!

Awesome pics, as usual! That skull buckle adds an edge that wasn't there before.

Hard to find a better value than the Abyssos. Swiss Auto, 1,000 Meters, between$100 and $200. You can't beat that!

Congrats!

yeah that is the best of it's generation a value category killer-

i can no longer wear it now that my wrist is sub 7 "...but for 7.5" + ...killer...

u gotta go across the pond for STEVE-O STRAP with that privateer buckle rig...

way to play with your straps WIT BRO... way to give a clinic on giving the poor house a wide berth TB ( it aint that expensive and delivers loads of serotonin )

Congrats Arthur, that was a steal of a deal. I too was looking. Enjoy!

Swiss Legend Big Boy Diver. That buckle is sick! Nice Score TB

Nice pickup ,nice mod and nice pix (as usual), Arthur.
Congrats !!! :applaud:

Good lookin PU Arthur ,,and Badazz with the buckle upgrade! Congrats!

Just Because . . . . .

yeah that is the best of it's generation a value category killer-

i can no longer wear it now that my wrist is sub 7 "...but for 7.5" + ...killer...

u gotta go across the pond for STEVE-O STRAP with that privateer buckle rig...

way to play with your straps WIT BRO... way to give a clinic on giving the poor house a wide berth TB ( it aint that expensive and delivers loads of serotonin )

Mine is 6 3/4 you too can rock this tool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A fine PU Arthur. The skull buckle really adds a little edge to the strap... Congrats and enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom