roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/nt
31, 40, 43mm | Automatic | Micro gas lights
01.jpg

IREMAN NIGHT TRAIN III

TOUGHNESS BUILT FOR THE EVERYDAY.

Utility meets aesthetics. Luminosity meets ruggedness. The Fireman Night Train III embodies the everyday timepiece, one ready to meet any demand. The minute track of the 40mm and 43mm models are lined with micro gas tubes for bright luminosity and unmatched readability in darkness. To protect against intense shock impact, the automatic movement is shielded by our patented Amortiser® system. Designed for everyday wear – from the office to the streets to the wild.Limited to 1,000 pieces each. Now available for pre-order at an exclusive price until 19 September 2018.
PRE-ORDER NOW

05day.jpg

05night.jpg

THE LUME: CHOOSE YOUR COLOR COMBINATION.

Every BALL timepiece is a tool watch and the Night Train III is no exception. Select your desired micro gas tube color combination for the large indices at every hour and every minute marker. With your lume, the Night Train III delivers clear time reading in the darkest conditions – whether at night or in low-light situations. The 61 tubes are filled with tritium gas and require no external charging. And although the tubes add complexity to the production process, the result is a trusted companion that outshines all the rest.

07-01.jpg

THE VERSATILITY TO GO WHERE YOU GO.

The 31mm, 40mm and 43mm cases of the Night Train III afford true versatility. The slim bezel and refined lugs seamlessly complement business and dress attire, yet the hands, dial and rugged finish retain a tactical look and feel. And because the indices are constructed of micro gas tubes, the black, blue and green dials feature an aesthetic depth. When paired with a NATO strap, the Night Train III easily adapts to more casual events.

09.jpg

TECHNOLOGY THAT HANDLES THE BEST OF THE WORST.

The Night Train III 40 and 43mm models runs on the Swiss ETA 2824 movement. With its reputation for seemingly impenetrable toughness, it provides proven performance for any daily situation. Yet, as sudden impact can happen at any moment – expectedly or unexpectedly – our patented Amortiser® system surrounds the movement and absorbs all shock energy. No matter what, its precise timekeeping remains precise.

12.jpg

FIREMAN NIGHT TRAIN III

Pre-order now at a limited-time price until 19 September 2018. Orders ship between December 2018 and January 2019, subject to Swiss product schedule and shipment. Officially available at full retail price beginning February 2019.

Fireman Night Train III stainless steel bracelet version
CHF 960* / USD $970* (retail: CHF 1,480* / USD $1,490*)
Fireman Night Train III leather or rubber strap version
CHF 930* / USD $940* (retail: CHF 1,430* / USD $1,440*)

*Taxes not included
ORDER NOW

SPECIFICATIONS

MOVEMENT:
31mm: Automatic caliber BALL RR1104
40 or 43mm: Automatic caliber BALL RR1103
FUNCTIONS:
31mm: 15 micro gas tubes on hour, minute and second hands and dial for night reading capability (Minute track illuminated by Super LumiNova)
40 or 43mm: 61 micro gas tubes on hour, minute and second hands and dial for night reading capability
Anti-magnetic to 4,800A/m
Water resistant to 100m/330ft
Shock resistant to 5,000Gs
31mm: Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and date
40 or 43mm: Hours, minutes, sweep seconds and magnified date

CASE:
Stainless steel
Ø31mm, height 10mm
Ø40mm, height 11.3mm
Ø43mm, height 11.2mm
Anti-reflective sapphire crystal
Screwed-in crown
40 or 43mm: Amortiser® patented anti-shock system
BAND:
31mm: Stainless steel bracelet with folding buckle
40 or 43mm: Stainless steel bracelet with folding buckle or calf leather strap with pin buckle or black rubber strap with pin buckle
DIAL:
Black or blue or green

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/slp/ntl1

Fireman Night Train III (31mm)

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/slp/ntl2

Fireman Night Train III (40mm)

• $1020.00 $1,540.00

• Ex Tax: $970.00
    Availability:pre-Order
    Product Code: NM2188C

https://shop.ballwatch.ch/slp/ntl3

Fireman Night Train III (43mm)
    $1020.00 $1,540.00
    Ex Tax: $970.00
    Availability:pre-Order
    Product Code: NM1092C

chapter ring is a busy visual field...... baton hands remind me of BOREALIS SEA DRAGON...something different in tubes

I'd be leaning towards the green 43 with orange flatties on steel. With no bezel this dial opening probably seems larger. :hmm: I'm curious to see if the back looks something like this or they changed it.

ball-fireman-night-train-sg50-caseback.jpg

As we said above, the watch you see here is the Ball Fireman Night Train SG50, specially created to celebrate the 50th year of Singapore’s independence. “Why Singapore?” you may ask. As a Singaporean, I can attest to the fact that my countrymen are a watch-crazy bunch. Despite having a population of under 6 million people, the value of Swiss watch exports in 2014 to our tiny tropical island country was reported by the Federation of the Swiss Industry to be 1.12 billion Swiss Francs – only six countries imported more Swiss watches than us (Hong Kong, U.S., China, Japan, Italy, and Germany). Therefore, it would not be a stretch to say that Singapore is one of the key markets for Swiss brands. This, I think, is probably why Ball decided to create a limited edition watch to mark the 50th anniversary of Singapore’s independence.

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/ball-fireman-night-train-sg50-limited-edition-watch-review/

This one is 46mm and seems larger.

[FONT=&quot]46mm, height 13.55mm

[/FONT]
NM2180C-S2J-BE-500x717.jpg
34503774550_a9b7383f09_c.jpg

Very impressive to be sure. Some cool executions as well. Thanks Mike.:cheers:

I have the Night Train ll and love it - 78 tubes - sold all my Deep Blue tube watches and this is the only tube watch in my collection (this is the one I would reach for whenever I wanted to wear a tube watch, so I sold the others). Great price here on the bracelet! Couple things holding me back - looks like lume and not tritium at 12:00. It mentions 61 tubes and 60 minutes less no tubes at 1 and 59 minute markers plus 3 on the hands gets us 61. Not sure how this would look if that 12:00 is not lumed up (to me it would look like tubes were missing since it'd be a dark gap at the top of the dial). Big mistake IMHO not having tubes all around. And the tube combo is too similar to the Night Train ll (orange hour markers, green minute markers, yellow hands). Would have loved to see white and blue tubes as an option. But overall it is still a solid offering for the price that I am going to consider.

The 31mm version has blue minute markers - wish that was an option on the 43mm.

It looks like a flat white tube in the triangle at the twelve. They only used three stick markers instead of four on each side of the triangle. That was a bad idea using a triangle beneath the tube at the twelve. It ruins the balance of the dial and minute markers.

12 flat tube hour markers
46 tubes minute
=58tubes
+ 3 hand tubes
=61 tubes

This version with seventy-five tubes looks better IMO. no cyclops over the date would be my preference.

75 tubes

NM2092C-P-BK.jpg

NM2092C-P-BK_night.jpg

Got it Mike - that makes sense - I see now they are white tubes at 12:00 and the first 2 and last 2 minute tubes are missing because of the triangle. That last pic of the Night Train ll lume shot is great - it’s the reason I sold all of my other tube watches - hard to beat that light show!

I had other Balls on order and passed on this 43mm when this one came along on the bracelet BNIB for about $785.00. I'm still kicking myself on that one. I'm glad I won't be around when all of these dial tubes need to be replaced. I have dozens of timepieces with them. That one you have I almost snagged on WR. I think the guy was selling it for $500.00 on the strap.

1525169412_785cb9fad1_b.jpg
1525169450_bc067e30dc_b.jpg

. Date Warning System
Beneath the UTC indicator
of the Trainmaster Cleveland Express Dual Timeand Fireman Night Train, the BALL Date Warning System helps the wearer to avoid damage to the movement. Between the hours of 9pm and 3am, the date function of an automatic wristwatch is engaged and manually setting the date at these hours can damage the mechanism. The triangular window of the Ball Date Warning System will turn red from 9 to 3 to visually warn the wearer.

↑↑↑↑ I agree BN. I'm not nuts about this Ball either. IMO having no bezel and all dial the tubes are just too large for the overall design. My EHSCP has plenty of tubes, but the dial layout design helps IMO.

ball-watch-engineer-hydrocarbon-spacemaster-captain-poindexter-crown-protection.jpg
44296862042_e4e7039432_h.jpg

30478242678_6d7734eaf0_h.jpg

Redefine your everyday carry. Utility, luminosity, durability and versatility converge in the new Fireman Night Train III. Its micro gas tubes delivers extreme luminosity in darkness, while the 40mm and 43mm cases are robust enough to handle daily wear, anywhere.

Offer ends 19 September.

41745367_10156023750888924_2143230831513042944_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom