Richard Mille’s New Million Dollar RM 25-01 Tourbillon Watch For Sylvester Stallone

roadwarrior

Grand Tyme Master
Founding Member
Richard Mille’s New Million Dollar RM 25-01 Tourbillon Adventure Watch For Sylvester Stallone
AUG 08, 2018 — BY ARIEL ADAMS

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/richar...illon-adventure-watch-for-sylvester-stallone/

Richard-Mille-RM-25-01-Tourbillon-Adventure-Sylvester-Stallone-Camo-Watch-aBlogtoWatch-13.jpg

As obnoxious at is, I love this Richard Mille “Tourbillon Adventure” uber-luxury wristwatch toy. Sure, only the likes of Sylvester Stallone and anyone else able to afford its $983,000 USD price tag will be able to own one… but it’s fun to imagine. Though, I won’t stay up at night lusting for the chance to own one as I know better than to put myself up there with John Rambo. In fact, the title character of the Rambo movie franchise is who Sylvester Stallone was thinking to equip when he and Richard Mille himself spent four years “slowly” going back and forth on design iterations and concepts. Finally, and with all the budget in the watch world, the Richard Mille RM 25-01 Tourbillon Adventure Sylvester Stallone Watch was born.

As a child whose favorite movie memories include action films from the 1980s, this type of emo-bait artistic horology is exactly what lures me into thinking that a lovingly over-engineered macho-fantasy hand-crafted wrist gadget will help make me more complete inside. I will tell you what it will make yet more complete – any well-rounded superwatch collection. I had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Stallone several years ago – eye-to-eye, as watch guys. He is among the few Hollywood royalty who isn’t a schmuck and clearly has worked hard to get where is he and maintain it. Stallone is intelligent and was blessed with good taste in a town that has a bad reputation for enabling people with bad taste to regularly splurge. Stallone knows a nice watch and is perhaps most recognized among watch collectors for more or less single-handedly making Panerai a style icon and popular brand. Richemont has no doubt thanked him more than once for helping to creating something very successful to invest in.

30075885528_95a226e084_b.jpg

Richard-Mille-RM-25-01-Tourbillon-Adventure-Sylvester-Stallone-Camo-Watch-aBlogtoWatch-5.jpg

Now comes the survivalist stuff. Remember, this watch was meant for John Rambo to go with his survival knife. For the first time that I know of, Richard Mille is including an analog compass in a watch, and for the RM 25-01 it is detachable. The watch comes with two bezel options with one of them having a folding titanium and carbon TPT hood over the dial. This is the compass bezel and it includes a magnetic compass needle that is positioned right over the dial. Other features include a spirit level (bubble level behind “night vision” green glass as well as a small watertight chamber that holds five water purification capsules. Run out of water purification capsules (each is good for one liter of water) and you now have a small stash for stimulants, poisons, or small diamonds that fell out of jewelry on the dance floor at the parties John Rambo will be wearing this watch to.

Richard-Mille-RM-25-01-Tourbillon-Adventure-Sylvester-Stallone-Camo-Watch-aBlogtoWatch-10.jpg

Richard-Mille-RM-25-01-Tourbillon-Adventure-Sylvester-Stallone-Camo-Watch-aBlogtoWatch-11.jpg

:jaw: WOW!!:wow: Thanks for posting this up, Mike.:cheers:

very subtle....

in all honesty, while over the top designing it as a survial tool watch makes it work as a design. Now a simple auto or quartz would be way more practical for "survival" than a tourby. And while light weight, carbon isn't nearly as durable as say titanium. But hey, no one is actually using this on missions.

Although.....? If our government is willing to spend billions on planes that never get used perhaps they'd spend under a million on watches for Green Berretts?

With the torpedo protectors on the pushers and crown this reminds me of the invicta Sea Dragon. But the case and dial on this Richard Mills is just to damn busy and expensive! An easy PASS for me!:lol:
Thanks Mike.

Just like this one, the Joker Venom or any watch, the individual spending the time and money on the timepiece is all that really matters. I wouldn't buy any of them even if I had the resources of disposable millions. I was in a Breitling boutique and wasn't impressed at all.

Breitling
"The shop should feel as if it is Willy Wonka’s factory for the high-powered businessman. “Is this right for me?” you may ask yourself when gazing over one of the latest chronograph releases"
istock_000000652177small-snob2.jpg
giphy.gif
tenor.gif

Don't like the style, but would sell it at half price if given to me....Nah, I would wear it and you guys know it. :wink:

And god only knows you just can't survive without a level on your tourby survival watch... No really, I just can't tell you how many times I've been out in the wilderness barely surviving and saying to myself... "This would be a hell of a lot easier if I had thought to bring a level with me!" :headbang:

Even Rambo can't top this as there is nothing level in his universe. LOL

And god only knows you just can't survive without a level on your tourby survival watch... No really, I just can't tell you how many times I've been out in the wilderness barely surviving and saying to myself... "This would be a hell of a lot easier if I had thought to bring a level with me!" :headbang:
Or wear a million dollar watch in the jungle, or mountain climbing.

Back
Top Bottom