Don't be fooled by low quality replicas made from countries with cheap workmanship ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is perhaps doubly or triply ironic is that both Ronda and ETA have movement factories in Thailand. They're both in Samut Prakan - a suburb between downtown Bangkok and BKK Airport.

I usually stay in Samut Prakan and they're not far from each other.

So when the goof suggests that Thai movements are somehow inferior to ones he's peddling I tend to doubt it. A lot.

I just translated it. There are freaks and goofs everywhere and on many forums all around the world. Some like to spread the gospel of the lord. :man: A lot.

Not only do fine quality movements come from Thailand I have done my utmost to have those Emirates babes on call should you reconsider your position on flying. The picture was taken on the Dubai to Bangkok leg.

L5kmEUX.jpg

Minds, after all, are made for changing.

I would bang all three of them front, back and sideways. They are lookers, for a happy ending with all three I would join the mile high club.

4-Full-Metal-Jacket-quotes.gif

I would bang all three of them front, back and sideways. They are lookers, for a happy ending with all three I would join the mile high club.

Truth be known I don't actually pay real money for my seats on Emirates - it's a function of getting credited for 27K miles every time I leave for Thailand.

I could see myself taking getting you onboard an A380 business class as a personal goal.

As to what you parlay it into, you're on your own. But we've come a long way since you asserted there was no way you would ever board the flight.

Progress - not perfection. We're working on it.

I have seen some fakes and if you have a real one to compare it to, it was easy to tell the fakes, the dial work never matched exactly in the ones I saw. The real ones did have intricate dial work and some things were left out completely in the fakes. The funny thing is the fakes probably have a nice Sea Gull movement and if you can get them dirt cheap and know what you are getting they are probably not a bad watch.

Good stuff, Mike. But I got a little dizzy after reading this -

"The As for why the counter is willing to give you a discount, this. The The This one. The The The I do not want to go on
Before someone in Beijing to buy Tissot found two years warranty warranty only movement, this will be reported to the table business. There have been similar to the store to wash the results of people refused the problem, because the movement is true, but the shell is a problem." :dizzy:

Good stuff, Mike. But I got a little dizzy after reading this -

"The As for why the counter is willing to give you a discount, this. The The This one. The The The I do not want to go on
Before someone in Beijing to buy Tissot found two years warranty warranty only movement, this will be reported to the table business. There have been similar to the store to wash the results of people refused the problem, because the movement is true, but the shell is a problem." :dizzy:

Credit to you Gary because you made it farther than I did. As I mentioned in post #21, I only translated the link.

"Found it - here

http://www.wanhuajing.com/d204932

The writer looked like someone who knows things in the fake world, he said, after an extensive discussion on fakes, "regarding why brand counters in malls would sell you watches at deep discount ... i don't want to talk about it", not direct accusation, but insinuation. He's talking about China, so I hope American sellers are more ethical than that

It's in Chinese, feel free to Google translate though ..."

Credit to you Gary because you made it farther than I did. As I mentioned in post #21, I only translated the link.

"Found it - here

http://www.wanhuajing.com/d204932

The writer looked like someone who knows things in the fake world, he said, after an extensive discussion on fakes, "regarding why brand counters in malls would sell you watches at deep discount ... i don't want to talk about it", not direct accusation, but insinuation. He's talking about China, so I hope American sellers are more ethical than that

It's in Chinese, feel free to Google translate though ..."

Yeah, I always get a kick outa the translations. It's amazing what can be overcome in this high tech world we live in, but the language barrier is always a challenge...
language-barriers-in-training.jpg

Yeah, I always get a kick outa the translations. It's amazing what can be overcome in this high tech world we live in, but the language barrier is always a challenge...
language-barriers-in-training.jpg

Some words for instance, malakía, are universal in any language.

There are even fake Invictas around. Which does not surprise me since when I used to lurk around in watch forums there are plenty of reports of "Feiko 5"s

Let's compile our insult terms for them:

Fauxlex, Feiko, Fauxmega, Inficta, Fanerai, Huflaux, etc.

One good thing about microbrands, I speculate, is that the risk of fakes is considerably lower ... if fake Aragons or Deep Blues come then we are doomed as a species

There are even fake Invictas around. Which does not surprise me since when I used to lurk around in watch forums there are plenty of reports of "Feiko 5"s

Let's compile our insult terms for them:

Fauxlex, Feiko, Fauxmega, Inficta, Fanerai, Huflaux, etc.

One good thing about microbrands, I speculate, is that the risk of fakes is considerably lower ... if fake Aragons or Deep Blues come then we are doomed as a species

+1 good comment about the ubiquity of counterfeits driven home through humor-

also; i had not thought about the fact that risk of counterfeit with micros is less-

fresh eyes fresh comments...nice change from the same old same old-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom