Abalone EVO...Almost Hypnotic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ee052496

Tyme Machine
Founding Member
Just received the 50mm EVO (SS) Abalone a few minutes ago. No picture can do it justice. What an absolute work of art. Definitely a "cruise worthy" timepiece for my upcoming cruise in July to Bermuda :)
Posting this from the office without my camera with me but I hope to be able to post some real soon :)
I would say if you're on the fence with this one.....go for it. You will not be disappointed.

Different strokes for different folks. I recently got the abalone enforcer on the gray bracelet....i was hesitant when ordered, but as I had no abalones, I gave it a shot. And I love the new enforcers; have 2. But it just looked flat without a lot of contrast on the hands/dial. Any new watch has gotta wow me out of the box...this didn't. Perhaps on a black case it be better.

I returned it....and got the red/white titanium 8040n Virtuoso in its place...should be delivered Friday. That, I know , will be a keeper.

Congrats on the latest acquisition Ed, I can just imagine how beautiful that dial is (I'll have to, you gave us no pics yet, :grin but looking forward to them :)[FONT=&quot] [/FONT])
Unfortunately your advice for the fence sitters is a day too late, as Wing pronounced that model sold out yesterday. You may have gotten one of the last ones Bro' Enjoy

Congrats on the latest acquisition Ed, I can just imagine how beautiful that dial is (I'll have to, you gave us no pics yet, :grin but looking forward to them :))
Unfortunately your advice for the fence sitters is a day too late, as Wing pronounced that model sold out yesterday. You may have gotten one of the last ones Bro' Enjoy

I thought that was for the black IP version. That's a "my bad" for me I guess. Glad I was able to snag it :)

I wish I could see those pics, and can only imagine the coolness factor
of the Abalone dial ??? A big congrats !!!

I thought that was for the black IP version. That's a "my bad" for me I guess. Glad I was able to snag it :)

No it's my bad, you are correct Ed, I mistakenly thought you had the IP version. So your advice to the fence sitters is valid, pay me no attention.

The Black IP is mesmerizing too. These faces are like MOP on steroids.

:outstand:A big congratulations, Ed!:up::applaud:

Different strokes for different folks. I recently got the abalone enforcer on the gray bracelet....i was hesitant when ordered, but as I had no abalones, I gave it a shot. And I love the new enforcers; have 2. But it just looked flat without a lot of contrast on the hands/dial. Any new watch has gotta wow me out of the box...this didn't. Perhaps on a black case it be better.

Felt the same way at first, a bit underwhelmed bc I was expecting something more similar to the stock pic, but decided to keep because I grew to appreciate the subtlety as it's more wearable and less "HERE I AM!!"
As is w most of the abalone watches I've come across, black case will enhance, gray or silvertone will tone down a bit. I don't know if evine still has their video available for the Abalone octane but you can see the difference of what I mean in the Silvertone versus the black option.

A real Hypnotic Piece For Sure, Enjoy It!

200_s.gif

I think you're right Ed , I should snag one of these while I still can . Congrats !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom