Из России с любовью ....... or ....... From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnydooropener

Tyme Machine
My first Russian watch.

It is a Vostok (Boctok) Amphibia Komandirskie Paratrooper.
The movement is a 31 jewel automatic model 2416Б made by Vostok.

To me it is rather small -- only 40mm but 22mm lug width.
The bezel is bi-directional
Dark green dial.

It came with a green NATO strap and the bracelet.

pD66bJo.jpg
GDZroyt.jpg

uU5iZ6H.jpg

e5l3BkH.jpg

Some additional information and photographs:

lkUrmT7.jpg

zUgMzcQ.jpg

:outstand:A big congratulations, John!:up::applaud:

I like it with both of those looks--the bracelet and the nato.

Поздравляю!

Many times I would say bracelet but this watch looks great on the NATO- enjoy!

Love it on the bracelet, but, it looks pretty good on the nato too. If it was 5mm bigger I might consider one myself! Wear it well.

Looks very nice. Congrats.

очень круто смотреть Дверная фурнитура :up:

no collusion...but...even though i no longer " wear a watch " because i lost a moby dick bucket of blubber...when i got out of the NBZ my addiction morphed to mother russia -ukraine-bulgaria,,,re-conditioned oldies & NOS...not too many problems when u hold the e-bay noose over their heads...also vintage USA & swiss...some re-conditioned frankensteins like WATCHDADDY calls them...but with my lack of skills and no wish to kiss a watch makers ass... i would rather they be oiled-cleaned-regulated...really cool stuff fro 30s-40s-50s-60s-70s... maybe a fake or 2... won't know for sure until i get them checked...so my addiction morphed...like addictions do...

anyhow i like those AMPHIBIANS...and KOMANDARSKIE aint too small for me...sub 7" sans blubber nothing too small...even 34mm18mm

the 27mm16mm vintage hammy...a little too dainty and i can't finger the crown...keeping for wifey or trade-

Возможно, в следующий раз вы должны поместить свой пост в нужное место; было бы неплохо, мой недружелюбный друг.

I was looking on eBay and saw a few that I thought were interesting (some $40 which surprised me). Now that I see this post, I may decided to pull the trigger on one of them and see what happens. I'm so used to wearing 46-55mm pieces that at first a 40-42 may seem to be too small for me but I think I'd get used to it after a while. Interesting watch. Thanks for sharing and good luck with it :)

I was looking on eBay and saw a few that I thought were interesting (some $40 which surprised me). Now that I see this post, I may decided to pull the trigger on one of them and see what happens. I'm so used to wearing 46-55mm pieces that at first a 40-42 may seem to be too small for me but I think I'd get used to it after a while. Interesting watch. Thanks for sharing and good luck with it :)

Good luck, if you downsize. I don't think I would get used to a 40mm, now, as long as I am happy with >48mm. Now if I got fed up, and made the decision to go smaller, thats something else.
When i started collecting, I was at 40mm, and gradually worked up, a mm at at time, over a year or so, to 50mm. If I had gone immediately from 40mm to 50mm (or perhaps vice versa), I'm not sure I'd find the new size acceptable. I know its just mental, but as one fellow WIT often says, I AM mental. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom