The SWI Group: Out of Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
More observation....

As you can imagine my inbox was chock full with SWI deals everyday. :mail:

Well clicking on those deals would generate more pop up deals in the 'ad box' of my email.

I haven't seen any for days.:dunno:

I wonder if will sell all their inventory to a third party to deal with, that's if out
of business?

:eyes:I just spotted this on FB:

"Word is that Watchery etc got stung by contracts with the rebate code providers and ended up selling too often at a loss."

IMO, This also could be why some members here had orders cancelled @ Certified Watch Store.com stating the reason was 'Coupon Abuse'

​^^^^^Thanks for posting this up, Lee^^^^^:good:

Maybe that string of design theft lawsuits SWI lost finally caught up with them.

:eyes:I just spotted this on FB:

"Word is that Watchery etc got stung by contracts with the rebate code providers and ended up selling too often at a loss."

IMO, This also could be why some members here had orders cancelled @ Certified Watch Store.com stating the reason was 'Coupon Abuse'

I always wondered how they could possibly be making money, between the low prices, stress free payments, WOW Perks, Coupon Codes, and the Rebates.

JS January 23
The end of an era. The only alternative to talking heads and yellow boxes. Damn shame. Best of luck to my friends who stuck it out to the bitter end

16265248_10103353699875548_7956224324626111178_n.jpg

January 24

JS I don't know the specifics, but I believe the entire company is going under.

DB I think they're in liquidation process, and the site is facilitating some of that

Just receive a message from Jim Skelton as of this week there done. sorry to here!!

Wonder if those who weren't finished with those "stress-free payments" will also be free and clear.

Scary stuff when you realize there's nobody to contact.

Anybody expecting any refunds? What now? Will they process the refund?
Anybody get a nice, expensive watch on their version of easy pays? What now? Will they stop billing you?

Now, I'm regretting not getting a grail piece from them. However, if they were out of business and if (much speculation here) there was a receiver or bankruptcy filed, the receiver or trustee would be seeking the payments. So, I'm very curious what BobbyD finds out.

Read on another forum that an employee posted on Facebook that they out of business. Sorry for all the employees and customers who will lose out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, at least I'm hoping that if the rebate coupons issue was the true cause of SWI's demise, that it will be less likely to be a communicable disease to other watch manufacturers. If it had finally been the market as dealing the final blow (I know its always been an issue), I would be more worried for the existence of some of our favorite outlets and brands. Maybe some good will come out of it by giving other smaller brands some extra market share. :dunno:

Looks like they moved all their watches to Amazon, they have a 173 pages of watches for sale on their ID.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/node/index.html?ie=UTF8&merchant=&node=492489011

https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding...SCRWBVY7&tab=policies&vasStoreID=#aag_privacy

I remember when they had those deals on those Legend divers and thinking it was a little surprising they dropped the prices so low on those watches when they were still pretty new and didn't think they needed to go that low. This is pretty ominous for the whole industry. I wonder if they are going to continue selling on Amazon or just as long as it takes to sell their inventory. The page of the second link has a tab labeled "products" and you can see their watches for sale.

The end of an era!! I sometimes thought I was supporting them all on my own, I guess that wasn't enough!

Just receive a message from Jim Skelton as of this week there done. sorry to here!!
Thanks for posting up this information, and welcome aboard.:hand:

He is wearing the same watch I have. Better check my watch box

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom