How to Spot a Fake Invicta Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well..............

I have an app on my cell phone, a shopping site called "Wish" that sells pretty much everything and mostly from Asia. I have scrolled through it and seen numerous watches labeled as "Invicta" and the selling price throws up a lot of red flags. Something that would sell in a USA store for $200-$300 being listed for $24.95, that sort of thing. So yeah, I think there really are fake Invicta watches being made.

No question about that. I've seen them also and I've seen a few guys who got got buying the fakes trying to off load them on the Bay also. This fake out has been around 4 years. My no comment ban has been lifted, lol.

Eww, I never wanna be that smart.

hannibal-lecter-victim-1.gif
giphy.gif

Great clips.
What was the zombie movie that had the great line, I think..."SEND MORE BRAINS!"

Mike. How do you find that stuff so fast?. I haven't seen those movies in decades maybe. FANTASTIC! They are classic.

I vote Mike ZOMBIE KING OF WIT!

So 'fake' must be cheaper than 'cheap'. The bar for 'high quality' must be pretty dang low!

There are absolutely fake Invictas. I see them at flea markets all the time and as the thread points out you can clearly see the quality difference in many ways. All kidding aside Invicta isn't making a rolex but they're not making crap either, esp at certain price points. I've seen fake SAN IIIs and they are often completely plastic, the metal inserts from the strap are plastic. You can just tell. I've had people bring fakes in to the store too.

Why? Well certainly first off someone might really like the style but only have $25 to spend so they buy the fake. Esp on an impulse buy. Also in many parts of Asia and south America Invictas cost an arm and a leg. In fact in the Domincan Rep they literally could cost you a hand as I've had a few friends and customers tell me they could never wear their invicta there without worry.

We had people come from Brazil to the store regularly and stock up on watches cause they cost so much there. They'd buy them at the store's retail price and then sell them for a hefty profit when they got back home.

There's a sucker born every minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom