• Case Material: Stainless Steel, Plastic
  • Bezel Material: Stainless Steel
  • Bezel Color: Steel
  • Crown Type: Screw Down
  • Crystal Type: Flame Fusion
  • Dial Material: Metal
[h=3]Water Resistance[/h]
  • 300 meters

[h=3]Extra[/h]Search this model in GoogleReplace a band for this watchBuy this watch from an Invicta Store
Instruction manualShare this watch

Love the X Wing...not so much this watch. But I'm not the customer they're after,

This is going to be huge, definitely one of the ones everybody was waiting for.

If the watch already has an “X” built in the design.....why not make an X RATED watch....then they’d sell a ton.

An appropriate model for a SW watch

I agree Michael, I'm not a fan of any of the Star Wars models produced so far but of all the ones I dislike, I dislike this one the least.
It's only a guess but when Jim Skelton first designed the X-Wing for his Imperious line of watches, I can only imagine he had the Star Wars space fighter vehicle in mind, making this the most appropriate model for Invicta to use.
Having said all that I'm still not interested enough to peal off any cash for this one. Maybe if Invicta threw in an auto movement, used higher contrast hands (to make the time easier to read at a glance) and I saw actual photos instead of a rendition ..... Maybe.

I agree Michael, I'm not a fan of any of the Star Wars models produced so far but of all the ones I dislike, I dislike this one the least.
It's only a guess but when Jim Skelton first designed the X-Wing for his Imperious line of watches, I can only imagine he had the Star Wars space fighter vehicle in mind, making this the most appropriate model for Invicta to use.
Having said all that I'm still not interested enough to peal off any cash for this one. Maybe if Invicta threw in an auto movement, used higher contrast hands (to make the time easier to read at a glance) and I saw actual photos instead of a rendition ..... Maybe.

I agree with you Arthur... they’re not for me, either....but I bet as you and others say “maybe...if...”, they are selling thousands to youngsters (under 50...lol) as we speak.

An interesting offering that should appeal to the Star Wars Fans. Thanks Steve.

I'm not clear on what that thing is opposite the crown side. It doesn't look like anything from an X-Wing though it does sort of resemble the south end of a north bound Millennium Falcon.

But mostly it reminds me of the front bumper from the ill-fated Plymouth Prowler.

PzeRfiC.jpg

I'm not clear on what that thing is opposite the crown side. It doesn't look like anything from an X-Wing though it does sort of resemble the south end of a north bound Millennium Falcon.

But mostly it reminds me of the front bumper from the ill-fated Plymouth Prowler.

It's simply an add-on that's intended to balance the pushers.

It's simply an add-on that's intended to balance the pushers.

Seems plausible. You may very well be right.

But isn't it odd that "balance" would suddenly be on their radar? If plan-view symmetry was deemed a good thing wouldn't they have balanced out the Russian Divers? Those RDs very often featured an enormous crown / canteen cap assembly with nary a nubbin or wart on the opposite side.

As example:

nhUUC9k.jpg

...is pretty much a study in asymmetry.

Speaking of X-Rated I still get a chuckle when I see the words "Adult Coloring Book" and the images that go through my head.

PzeRfiC.jpg

That is on every X-Wing, just for balance. Just this one has been color plated so it's more noticeable. Also a computer mock-up makes it also more noticeable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom