bigz Flips me the Wenger :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

timetraveler

Tyme Machine
Founding Member

Just picked up a AeroGraph Cockpit watch from Mark who posted it on our FSBO forum. It is my third Wenger.

xZzVXr.jpg

ABOUT WENGER

History:
The brand is a low-profile Swiss watch company that started life in the 1890s as an official maker of Swiss Army Knives. They added watches to their offerings in 1988. Victorinox bought Wenger in 2005, moving the knives under the Victorinox label. Watches, luggage and other items continue to be marketed under the Wenger name.

Design Theory: While Wenger readily states that their designs are Aviator/Military inspired, it also is apparent (to me at least) that simplicity is also a key to their design philosophy. Thisshould not be confused with boring. In fact, I think the company has taken "simplicity" to a level that makes it actually exciting. This look flows through their entire line-up of watches - from Sport/Diving, to Urban Metropolitan, to Auto Racing, to Classic - all share an element of simplicity and military influence that is unmistakably Wenger.

The Wenger design approach was apparently not created for appeal to a large share of the watch market. But it remains true to the Brand's origins, and is certainly more than appealing to me.

The Wenger AeroGraph Cockpit "Pilot" Watch

Specications:
Brand, Seller, or Collection Name Wenger
Model number 72422
Part Number 72422
Item Shape Round
Dial window material type Synthetic sapphire
Display Type Analog
Clasp Buckle
Case material Stainless steel
Case diameter 42 millimeters
Case Thickness 12.6 millimeters
Band Material Silicone
Band length Men's Standard
Band width 24 millimeters
Band Color Green
Dial color Green
Bezel material Metal
Bezel function Stationary
Calendar Date
Special features Luminous, includes a seconds-hand, Shock resistant, Water Resistant
Item weight 16 Ounces
Movement
Swiss quartz
WR 300 Ft.

[SUB][SUP][/SUP][/SUB]
Images and Comments

This piece is obviously designed as representing an aircraft instrument - easy to read, delivering information in a clean, no-nonsense way...
HJlo3V.jpg
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

ngOtFW.jpg

The crystal features an under-glass date magnifier...
beEUim.jpg

Polished case-back is screw-down, with an engraved tribute to the brand's beginnings...
GmGbz5.jpg

The case perfectly demonstrates Wenger's simple but elegant philosophy...
zFVnPl.jpg

m09dsy.jpg

cvyKVq.jpg

Got lume? Yes!
r5VFtX.jpg
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

On the wrist: The "Cockpit" is 42mm, but square shape makes for a much more substantial look and feel...
1DI0bs.jpg

EqwkXC.jpg

ImGCLD.jpg
[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

So there you have it - the new-to-me Wenger AeroGraph Cockpit. My sincerest "Thanks!" to Mark (bigz) for making this watch available!

xZzVXr.jpg

And as always... Thanks for lookin', WiTs!!! :applaud:[SUB][SUP]
[/SUP][/SUB]

nice PU...reminds me of expensive trademark...victorinox & wenger... merged years ago... so only 1 " swiss army knife " co under 1 umbrella..

Great score, Bill. My kinda watch. Congrats, and thanks for the great pics!

Great looking watch, Bill...as you said, a 42mm Square is quite substantial!

It looks right at home on your wrist, Bill. Great pics. It is such a great watch for the money. It's hard to beat the clean, easy to read dial with such great wrist presence. It was time for me to pass this one on and I'm so glad it found a new home with you. Your pics remind me why I loved it so much.

Enjoy my new friend!

Mark

A watch right up my wheelhouse Bill & a sweet one at that. Plus 42m square plays much larger than many would think - enjoy!

Bill, a belated congrats. Love the square case and as always great pics !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom