Carbon/Glass Fiber Speedway

bobbyd

Tyme Twister
While trolling for more skull-o-latern executions Steve posted, I found these.
Very Renatoesque, IMO.... I love carbon Fiber.... I really like this idea...
But I'd bet invicta cheaped out on the carbon fiber and did not do every bracelet link, like Renato did, so if your wrist is larger than 7" you get an incomplete style..

33199.jpg

Cool, with a nice visual impact.:wink: Thanks Bobby.:hat:

Case and Dial

• Case Size: 51mm
  • Case Material: Stainless Steel, Carbon Fiber
  • Bezel Material: Stainless Steel
  • Bezel Color: Black, Silver
  • Crown Type: Push
  • Crystal Type: Flame Fusion
  • Dial Material: Metal, Carbon Fiber

Movement

• Caliber: VD31
  • Function Type: Quartz

0AcdoyC.jpg

Not my watches in these photos! Not my watches in these photos!
CourteousFaroffHarborporpoise-max-1mb.gif

Renato did some cool stuff with carbon fiber inserts. I'm always amazed at some people who think others are gullible enough to believe the BS they try to sell.

New with tags :banghead: Keep smoking that crack. These look like scratches to me on top of the links. To add insult to injury they are asking $2,100. I paid $352.97 back in October 2009. I had only been collecting watches for three months and was still a little green, but not green enough to ever consider paying that much green for an ETA G10 quartz movement or automatic. :oops:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Renato-Carbon-Fiber-Black-Dial-Men-s-Watch-/273833524619

Not my watches in these photos!
CourteousFaroffHarborporpoise-max-1mb.gif

s-l1600.jpg

0AcdoyC.jpg

Renato did some cool stuff with carbon fiber inserts. I'm always amazed at some people who think others are gullible enough to believe the BS they try to sell.

yea that seller cracks me up.... seen auctions of used models end, then he has same watch listed "brand new" a week or 2 later for 5x the price :hmm:

This is the one I have. I call this my "kitchen sink" Renato.... moon phase, diamonds, and carbon fiber...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RENATO-MEN...146050?hash=item42096046c2:g:rqkAAOSwvgdW4ev2

s-l500.jpg

I actually really like these if it weren't for the checkered stripe thing

I have more of an issue with a divers bezel on a race inspired watch. I guess you could argue you can race speedboats (Google just taught me they actually do make carbon fiber shell boats), but them drivers ain't diving...

Renato did some really nice CF watches. Looks like Mike you have quite of few of them.

Renato did some really nice CF watches. Looks like Mike you have quite of few of them.

I only have the one in post #7 Steve. Pay attention! :pdown:Why would I post this if it was me?:pdown: I put an arrow up :palm:

New with tags :banghead: Keep smoking that crack. These look like scratches to me on top of the links. To add insult to injury they are asking $2,100. I paid $352.97 back in October 2009. I had only been collecting watches for three months and was still a little green, but not green enough to ever consider paying that much green for an ETA G10 quartz movement or automatic. :oops:

If these once only for cheap I am considering picking up two of the same model. I sell a lot of my previously owned watches, which are pretty much all mint, to my barber. His wrist is like 6 in. I bet I could swap out the links from his to mine to make both of ours have full carbon fiber links. I can't stand when the center links don't match all the way to the clasp. Such a cheap copout.

Back
Top Bottom