My vintage Seiko Automatic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmot

Tyme Twister
This is my first Seiko watch. Got it in 1974. Still works, it's keeping time but maybe running a little slow. I'm sure it needs a deep cleaning. Been in a junk box for years now. I was wearing it when I crashed my motorcycle in the 70's. Had it fixed, And then some time ago the bracelet broke, and I cannot recall how.

So now that I have a little experience with watches I think I will get this one fixed up.
smiley.png

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Tom, you can find replacement bracelets on ebay under Seiko if you are looking for originals. Or you can just pick up an aftermarket bracelet or strap there too. I do it all the time.

[font face=comic sans ms][font size=4][font color=)979e6]Thanks! :)[/font][/font][/font]

[font face=georgia][font size=4][font color=)74)6f]An Oldie, but a Goodie! Well worth the salvage effort for sure. ;)[/font][/font][/font]

Wow, that's way cool - thanks for sharing the story and pictures. That baby definitely deserves some wrist time again after what it's been through. Whatever you do, don't get rid of it since it has such sentimental value to you.[br][br]Old Seikos just keep on ticking!

[font face=comic sans ms][font size=4][font color=)979e6]Thanks loco! [/font][/font][/font]:)

Very nice. That will clean up well.

Wow! Forty-plus years and still going strong. You might even consider a full resto (service, crystal and polish). That sweet baby deserves it!

Congrats on removing it from the junk drawer. With that kind of history it deserves to live on!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom