Active members have been dipping lately

Status
Not open for further replies.
If my iPad is always on, and I never formally log in (or out) does that makes difference in the count? I know I'm not ever asked to log in....does that mean I've had only ONE log in since 2014?

No, if you have your password saved and don't have to login, each day you visit the forum it counts you in the active member numbers.

Factoring in the new ones who have joined,those guys are exceptions and had no bearing on the cluster of at least 20 or so member's dropping out recently,which prompted my OP in the first place,looks like it dropped 3 more today.It is going to fluctuate either way,the cluster was just a little unusual,no biggie.

I agree it's going to fluctuate either way. In light of Steve's subsequent post, if it really is a matter of daily logins, as opposed to departing members, I imagine there would be some wild fluctuations from day-to-day and that it is not an indicator of lost membership.

I agree it's going to fluctuate either way. In light of Steve's subsequent post, if it really is a matter of daily logins, as opposed to departing members, I imagine there would be some wild fluctuations from day-to-day and that it is not an indicator of lost membership.

There was a cluster who were here that are no longer members recently,noting to do with that part,either way most of those had an agenda .

There was a cluster who were here that are no longer members recently,noting to do with that part,either way most of those had an agenda .

http://watchintyme.com/memberlist.php

You would need to have a reference point to keep track and know who is on it, for instance if your really,really bored, just pick today,take a screen shot of each name alphabetically and compare down the road at a later date.Also it helps to have one huge hard drive dedicated to data,the files can become big and take up room.

You would need to have a reference point to keep track and know who is on it, for instance if your really,really bored, just pick today,take a screen shot of each name alphabetically and compare down the road at a later date.Also it helps to have one huge hard drive dedicated to data,the files can become big and take up room.

I had a feeling you'd say that. Well, I certainly can't take issue with the data. I'm sure you're right that many of those that were here recently with an agenda then departed.

I had a feeling you'd say that. Well, I certainly can't take issue with the data. I'm sure you're right that many of those that were here recently with an agenda then departed.

There is so many settings and stuff that adm and mods can see and have control over behind the scenes, it is mind boggling,the settings and control variables on Vbulletin and other software,I think active members,the default use to be set for 30 days if I remember correctly,not for here but in general.

Last edited:
There is so many settings and stuff that adm and mods can see and have control over behind the scenes, it is mind boggling,the settings and control variables on Vbulletin and other software,I think active members,the default use to be set for 30 days if I remember correctly,not for here but in general.

You're correct, that was the default. Maybe I'll set it back at the default and see what happens if that's the norm most seem to use.

I give you guys major props for this forum running so smooth.

I love this forum and all the members but I have slowed down since it got nice outside, let's not over think this gentlemen

I know how to keep the site posts numbers from shrinking... Every day I see a shortage, I'll make up the difference with an Invicta watch of mine post! Lol

Whatever you did Steve it looks like the count moved from 484 to 569,good job, we must suddenly be in the middle of winter in blizzard weather.

Active%20members%202012%20on%205-29-16%20is%20569.jpg

Last edited:
I changed it to the 30 day default earlier today, but it says it starts the count from the time I saved the setting and doesn't go back and count the last 30 days so I don't know where the extra numbers came from :think:

For me it has been strickly due to my current workload. Work has been insane lately, I don't have time.

It has been easier on my wallet, however :)

I log onto watch sites primarily to for trades, since I find this to be an enticing part of being a "watch guy," but this site seems to deal almost entirely in "FSO" pieces. If I buy a watch, it's new from a jeweler, Amazon, dealer, etc.

Consequently, my ventures here are not as frequent as expected, but I have no intention of dropping out.

Perhaps others have similar concerns, but they lose interest and just pull the plug.

People come and people go for various reasons. I believe that's are some to whom stay away because if they don't they will wind up going on a spending spree putting themselves into further financial responsibility. And we have all seem or know of someone like this.

eYe see the active stat is gone,better without it IMO,good tweaking.

June%2011%202016%20membes%201616%20active%20stat%20gone.jpg~original

Active%205-29-16.jpg

eYe see the active stat is gone,better without it IMO,good tweaking.

June%2011%202016%20membes%201616%20active%20stat%20gone.jpg~original

Active%205-29-16.jpg

Why is it better to not know? The site that preceded this one (WG) began making those kind of tweaks until it became a place less and less transparent. It's OK if we have a small cadre of active members that actually contribute. I think that's OK.

Now, if this becomes (or is already) a financial venture, where the idea is to lure vendors in by virtue of the "reach" into the $200 to $600 watch buying audience, I guess I get why it is better to not display the actual attendance of active users.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can only speak for myself but lately when I have added to a tread the post seem to get ignored even as the conversation roars on around you. You can call me an idiot or tell me to get screwed that's OK but by ignoring me I feel that what I have to say is worth nothing. I suspect there are others that feel the same way.

Who are you and what did you say your name is??? :snap:

I kid... all in fun. (well maybe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom