How do you return a watch to deep blue?

I know. I don't think $115.60 loss is good customer service.

That's probably why they ended up going back to SHopHQ. They needed to boost sales.

Deep Blue isn't the only company doing this. I know several who have similar polices and the return fee percentage is even higher.

Below is H20

Return Policy
Our goal is that each customer is satisfied with us, our products and our service.
On the rare occasions that servicing is required, please contact us within three days after receipts of the product to get the required RMA number prior before returning the product. The product must be returned within 7 days after receipt of the RMA number. The returned product must be in an unopened, resaleable condition and must be returned in its original packaging incl. full package contents like straps, screw driver and all other included items together with the product itself. Please note that the customer has to bear the shipping charges. Return deliveries must be insured to the value of the product. Return shipments of watches and accessories could not be accepted if the watch has been worn, the straps have been sized, the packaging material has been removed. We can not refund the original and return shipping costs. Restocking fee:
New, unworn watches are subject to a restocking fee of 20% of their total value. Watches, which were worn or the straps has been sized, are subject to a restocking fee of min. 30% of the total order value.
A customer individual watch are subject to an additional reassembling fee of 10% of the total order value.
If you have any further questions about this don´t hesitate to contact us under [email protected].

Refusal of acceptance
If a customer who is not a user as defined in. § 13 of the BGB does not accept the goods, we are entitled to choose between insisting on acceptance or requiring payment of 10% of the purchase price as a flat compensation for the damage and costs involved, unless the customer can show that no costs or only minor costs arose.

At least I have a 50/50 chance to dispute with my credit card.

When you buy an "as is" watch on shopHQ it's clearly listed as final sale. No returns or exchanges. This is exactly why I never buy "as is" watches on shopHQ. At least they're honest.

With Deep Blue their return and restocking fee isn't blatantly disclosed compared to shopHQ. It's burried in the fine print. Plus, Deep Blue offers no return instructions.

That's probably why they ended up going back to SHopHQ. They needed to boost sales.

Deep Blue isn't the only company doing this. I know several who have similar polices and the return fee percentage is even higher.

Below is H20

The majority of companies do NOT charge any "restocking" fee. I'm 46-years-old and this is the first time I've ever encountered this.

If you're going to charge a "restocking fee" on high-value items then it should be fully disclosed on checkout, just like shopHQ does in BOLD print.

This is no way to maintain customers.
It's fair and reasonable for me to lose $40 on shipping & handling, but the restocking fee is sneaky (for lack of a better term). I would never buy any high-value item from any company that fully discloses a 10% restocking fee, in addition to losing shipping & handling BOTH ways.

They're basically giving the middle finger to anyone who returns a watch in good faith, and writing them off for any future business.
That's just very bad customer service in my opinion.

sorry to hear u got caught in the fine print GM26

-maybe SAMMY can work a deal on a big watch for your big wrist...on a sample or return ...and credit u your damage and upgrade u...

good luck with resolving your dispute... SAMMY always treated me good...but that was then this is now...and I never had this direct return issue... " charge backs " on a CC are not always the easiest route...

good luck and sorry to hear of your unpleasant & costly return

at the risk of being honest it sounds like u R in a tough spot since the return policy is posted... and charge backs on a CC can be a tough row to hoe imho-

sometimes u catch more flies with honey... translation... maybe if you call SAMMY and mansplain u need a 47-52mm 3 hand tool or chronograph and if SAMMY can only see his way towards reducing his VALJOUX 7750 with tritium tubes by a couple hundred to resolve this misunderstanding... and then you can tell SAMMY you will post a gr8 review on WIT about gr8 DB CS and resolving your dispute... this is only mho...good luck and I understand how u feel... angry...but...

- sometimes knowledge is expensive

Thanks , but if the return policy was clearly posted the Original Poster would have never created this thread. Am I wrong?

​​​​​​Chargebacks aren't difficult when you return brand new merchandise the first day you receive it and get charged 10%

But I appreciate your kind words.

well u know what they say free advice is worth GM26 LOL... i hope the charge back is E-Z... if your damage is capped at $40 you R getting out clean...check out ZELOS... it is a very hot reputable good value micro... and they are making the bigger sizes.also a forum fave and reputable value king is ARAGON with plenty of reasonable 50mm DIVE WATCHES.....even though the trend in watches is smaller to 39mm...it is also a function of body morphology... we have lots of corn fed fellas here at WIT with wrists 7.5" -8.5" and they like 47mm-52mm watches...I think that is the size you are hunting... we have a lot of fellas with the big saddle bone at wit that can steer you right...good luck... and post the result...

you may also pick up a value here on a used watch FSOT... I can not recall a member being ripped off on this forum... the market for watches is flooded...so you should be able to pick up a keen bargain from a " smokeless " home still mummy wrapped...good luck...and I would be angry too if I was wearing your size 16 shoes ( meaning had heavy losses with fine print on watches returned NIB MUMMY WRAPPED )... but I would try to cut my losses and move on...like I know u will

-yeah there are some pitfalls in collecting ...we've all hit a pothole or 2...and I thank you for pointing out yours and will make a mental note-welcome to WIT !

I have been in the retail business for over 30 and it has obviously evolved. I was and early customer of deep blue and had not ever need to return a watch prior, usually wore it for a year and then flipped it as I enjoy the variety an the thrill of buying and selling. Unfortunately deep blue is not recognizing the trend of eCommerce in that the best retailers will be enhancing the customer experience, not taking away from it by not just having a clear return policy but having one that is punitive to good customers.
If they are making so much money that they can turn off and drive away primary customers then good for them and I wish them well. (Must have made a fortune on the air blue pilot watches). If not they should actually look at the every changing landscape of eCommerce and learn a lesson.
I am not loosing sleep over the restocking fee...I am just never purchasing another one of their watches...period.

Thank you Sallison1189 for your insight. "Punitive" is the perfect word regarding Deep Blue.

No surprise that Deep Blue watches and Stan Bets as President have an "F" rating with the Better Business Bureau: https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/new-york/p...stomer-reviews

I called "Sam" two weeks ago on March 2nd advising him I was returning the watches and he made absolutely no mention of any restocking fee over the telephone. Immediately after we disconnect he then emails me afterwards stating returns may be subject to the fee. How nice.

I called Deep Blue again last Friday, March 13th and left a detail message and received no response.

Finally, I made my last attempt Monday, March 16 at solving this amicably by calling "Sam" again at his ext. 102 and he didn't answer his phone at 2:30pm.
I left him a detailed message on his personal voicemail advising him that I would like to discuss this matter with him before I resort to disputing with my credit card or filing a complaint with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) and Attorney General, as well as making social media aware of how they treat their customers.

After my attempts to resolve, they don't even have the decency to call their customer back. Good or bad you should stand by your actions.
Next time their President Stan Bets is on shopHQ I'm going to make a nice call into the program.

Anyhow, off to contacting my credit card company, the BBB, the Attorney General's of Michigan and NY, and social media. I hope it's worth it to them.

I will let you know what happens. I've never dealt with such a shady company in my entire lifetime.

Every person is surely entitled to his or her personal preferences, tastes, etc. Shady is a colorful word I wouldn't use to describe Deep Blue or any company when a simple search would have helped. Simply typing these four words returning deep blue watches in any search engine, this will be the first hit seen below.

Deep Blue will ship your watch back via UPS Ground for a fee of $14.95, unless other arrangements have been agreed upon. ... Returns will be accepted on brand new, never worn or sized watches within 7 days of purchase. All Returns are subject to a 10% restocking fee ; Shipping fees are non-refundable.

giphy.gif

Anyone who can find BBB reviews and ratings, Attorney General's of Michigan and NY, and social media would seem very adept about finding any information before making a purchase.

magnify_text_anim_16253.gif

bpGIWQ0Ssm-cadAO3EhZYQ5xgCsa5oL6RWO0SXcZWp--3qktI_BBXEc3tzd5juJczpl25dcFayBSnM0G-TPNvz2HK6DrKPYKNr9kMn5JWvOlILgQxJfFPJ9Y0CiSNk8IBxzCrzXfIi2YGfVkRUL6og416YUSghmRkcHJbVzTVxu04v9OYMI

CAVEAT%2BEMPTOR.gif

Every person is surely entitled to his or her personal preferences, tastes, etc.

Likewise.

Shady is a colorful word I wouldn't use to describe Deep Blue or any company when a simple search would have helped. Simply typing these four words returning beep blue watches in any search engine, this will be the first hit seen below.

As you said , to each his own.
Shady is not a colorful word, rather an appropriate adjective to perfectly describe DEEP BLUE.

One shouldn't have to go on Google after the fact searching return policies when it should be clearly posted, just like the return is on shopHQ, Amazon, and every other legit company. For God sakes, you have to call Deep Blue to find out where to mail the watch back. Burying restocking fees in the fine print or having to search on Google isn't full disclosure.

And speaking of an "F" rating on BBB for Deep Blue watches, what say you???

By the way, I realize you have over 31,000 post on here compared to my 10 .
And caveat emptor, I'm not the one who started this thread, or the ones on BBB.

Likewise.

As you said , to each his own.
Shady is not a colorful word, rather an appropriate adjective to perfectly describe DEEP BLUE.

One shouldn't have to go on Google after the fact searching return policies when it should be clearly posted, just like the return is on shopHQ, Amazon, and every other legit company. For God sakes, you have to call Deep Blue to find out where to mail the watch back. Burying restocking fees in the fine print or having to search on Google isn't full disclosure.

And speaking of an "F" rating on BBB for Deep Blue watches, what say you???

I say that is something I would have taken into consideration before spending my hard-earned money on anything. Once again, different strokes for different folks. Others have their own system when buying things, some even throw caution to the wind and buy in blind faith. I guess when I spend my money, going on Google and doing a little research seems like a small investment of my time and it is being well spent.

Through the years I've spent over $15,000 + on thirty-eight Deep Blue watches. Percentage wise I have had very minor issues with navigating returns with Stan and his company.

https://watchintyme.com/forum/watchi...bad-first-hand

https://watchintyme.com/forum/watchi...to-watchintyme

"By the way, I realize you have over 31,000 post on here compared to my 10 .
And caveat emptor, I'm not the one who started this thread, or the ones on BBB."

"Others have their own system when buying things, some even throw caution to the wind and buy in blind faith"

The number of post made doesn't have much to do with being a smart consumer. The count is irrelevant IMO when it comes to common sense when buying something. I would say the same thing to my kids who have no interest in watches or forums, but they are consumers spending money every day in life so "CAVEAT EMPTOR" is a general consensus for some consumers. I don't recall anyone suggesting you started the thread or made any complaints to the BBB.

"The number of post made doesn't have much to do with being a smart consumer."

I couldn't agree with you more.

"The count is irrelevant IMO when it comes to common sense when buying something. I would say the same thing to my kids who have no interest in watches or forums, but they are consumers spending money every day in life so "CAVEAT EMPTOR" is a general consensus for some consumers."

Priceless. So the Original Poster, myself, and everyone that filed disputes with their credit card company, the BBB, The FTC, and their respective Attorney General's Office regarding the shady practice of Deep blue Watches and Stan Bets not fully disclosing their return policy and/or restocking fee to the point a thread has to be created on this website (not by me) just aren't as smart as you and your kids.

Perhaps if I purchased 38 Deep Blue watches and spent in excess over $15,000 over the years Stan might give me a little better customer service than showing me the proverbial middle finger?

"Perhaps if I purchased 38 Deep Blue watches and spent in excess over $15,000 over the years Stan might give me a little better customer service than showing me the proverbial middle finger?"

Perhaps I'll call BS on that one. I had to start from the beginning and spend my first dollar to build on my experience with Deep Blue. So to assume that the $15,000 is an EZ pass to customer service you are dead wrong again with your assumption. I would probably have never made it past the first or second watch if they had such horrendous customer service. I mentioned earlier that I have not purchased anything new in some time. I would probably be $14,500 richer if this kind of stuff had happened to me. I would have chalked it up as a lesson learned.

My follow post was to demonstrate that they have changed and not for the better where most other online retailers have made returns more transparent and taken the expense of the return as a point of customer service. I am not upset, just surprised they have chosen this path to customer care. There are plenty of other quality watches I will spend my money on and I wish them the best of luck during these trying times.

Did you read the "open letter" that Stan Bets, the President of Deep Blue watches, wrote to roadwarrior (apparently one of Deep Blue's number one customers spending over $15,000 on over 38 watches) https://watchintyme.com/forum/watchi...to-watchintyme

After reading THAT and after reading what happened to me you should proceed with caution when dealing with Deep Blue.
You shouldn't have to jump through hoops, or win the customer service lotto by being lucky enough to have Stan answer the phone, as opposed to one of the regular customer service reps voicemails.

I'm not telling anyone how to run their business, but my God, charging a customer for shipping BOTH ways, plus a 10% restocking fee on brand new unopened items that were returned same day, is a sure fire way to lose customers. As the saying goes "It takes a lifetime to gain a customer and a second to lose them."

No wonder why roadwarrior "hasn't purchased anything recently in the last couple years from Deep Blue."
Not-to-mention restocking fees are supposed to be used exclusively towards restocking the item. If someone returns a brand new unopened and unboxed item, still wrapped in cellophane, I don't see how that warrants such a punitive fee of 10%. This should be fully disclosed. Obviously it's not as you can see by the numerous posting to the BBB and creation of this thread (not by me) among others. If you've been in business for several years why have a "F" rating with the BBB?

This vid is older but it's an interesting take on maintaining customers, and restocking fees on lower priced items $60 compared to $600+:

https://youtu.be/EoNag7MUBxU

When I've returned watches from Aragon, Citizen, Invicta, Maycs, Baume et Mercier, etc. they have never charged a restocking fee. Are they stupid? Does Deep Blue know something that these companies don't?

How dare you make good people who purchase your products in good faith go through all this drama.
Anyhow, I guess the best way forward is to act with your wallet and never support such shady practices. This time I was fortunate to have a fantastic credit card. Never again with Deep Blue.

Back
Top Bottom