Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heard from Timetraveler's (AKA Bill) son...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heard from Timetraveler's (AKA Bill) son...

I heard from Bill's son Chris last night. He wanted to say thanks again to all who purchased one of his watches a while back. He also wanted me to say hello to all from Bill's family. Please post up any watches you got from Bill's estate or any that remind you of Bill. Thanks:)

This is the last pic I have of Bill. It was taken a month or so before he passed. My Dad (on right) passed just a few months later. Wife and daughter as well. Bill has on the navy Balmer and me the Ti VE Energia 2

51DC429E-0B0E-4B38-A309-FA5330028F55 by Brad Sotak, on Flickr

Some men are morally opposed to violence. Fortunately for them, the men that protect them are not

I miss Bill! I don't have any watches I got from Bill but to the contrary I have a few I've sold to him. The very first watch I ever sold since I started collecting was to Bill. A Seiko Monster years ago, and later a Deep Blue ProTac and another I can't remember. Continue to rest in peace my friend!

SENT FROM MY FLIP PHONE USING TAPIOCA

Comment

• ScottyB
      ScottyB commented
      Editing a comment
      i never read this post BANDIT until today ... but I'm smiling now

I miss Bill.. RIP my friend.

Comment

Miss Bill & His own brand of “WIT”

I couldn’t wait until he posted again & always enjoyed the read through.
      Thanx for sharing Brad.🤝

R.I.P. Bill

"I Live For Watch Deals"

Comment

• ScottyB
        ScottyB commented
        Editing a comment
        2nd that

Bill seemed like such a nice guy, I always wanted to meet him, but he left before I could ever work that out! I bought 2 of his watches. The yellow dial Ocean Ghost (3630) and a round case Lupah Diver (2144). The yellow Ocean Ghost went on the Invicta cruise with me last year, wore it to the 'Yellow Adrenaline" party and shared with Bob Cohen where I got it. We thought it was fun that if Bill couldn't be on the cruise, at least one of his watches made it!

Comment

• ScottyB
        ScottyB commented
        Editing a comment
        good stories ! WO

he is missed a BLUE HIGHWAY voice...good pix...good taste in tools... folksy...kind...curious chronicler...did i mention he had a wicked jones ?

Comment

We all miss Bill, dearly and was lucky enough to meet in Inner Harbor, Baltimore with Bob, Joel, Richard and my wife too, while visiting our Daughter!
        A big tanks, for sharing Brad!

Comment

• ScottyB
          ScottyB commented
          Editing a comment
          now that's a nice story left coast...cheers ! and RIP TT

I knew Bill from WG days. A good guy, and a strait shooter. I do miss him. Thanks Brad.

Comment

• ScottyB
          ScottyB commented
          Editing a comment
          +1

RIP Bill & Mr. Sotak Sr.

Comment

Feb. 25th. will be the 2 year anniversary since we lost our WIT brother Bill. I'm glad I was able to sit down with him and talk watches (among other things)on a few occasions while he was staying in Baltimore. He was a great guy and lived an interesting life... I do miss him and those get-togethers!
          Everybody's Got Something To Hide Except Me And My Monkey...

Comment

• ScottyB
            ScottyB commented
            Editing a comment
            lighting a candle

I miss Bill as well. RIP my friend. I was able to pick these two up:

We already have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?

Comment

• ScottyB
            ScottyB commented
            Editing a comment
            those are awesome tools BUZZ

I never met Bill, but I enjoyed his posts going back to the WatchGeeks days. I purchased a black dial/vintage lume Raven Deep Tech awhile back from the sale of Bill's collection, and I was able to buy the extra links that I needed from Steve ad Raven to be able to wear and enjoy on the bracelet. The Deep Tech is one of the favorite models in my collection and the black/vintage Deep Tech enjoys plenty of wrist time.

IMG_3006 by Robert Terrill, on Flickr
          -Rob

Comment

• ScottyB
            ScottyB commented
            Editing a comment
            i never met TIME TRAVELER neither but i enjoyed his folksy prose and blue highway travelogue pix...when I see Bill's name I raise my glass
        Working...
        X