Member tagging in posts

repOman

Tyme Twister
As I mentioned in another thread...it would be nice to be able to "tag" or "mention" other members in a post...that way they would get an alert to check out that thread/post.

As I'm sure most know...using "@" followed by the usename...it embeds a link to the users profile and alerts them to the post.

I like to let others know when I'm talking about them :wink:

Also, I seem to get logged out after a very short time of inactivity, am I missing something?

Currently the only way I know how to "Tag" or Mention another forum member is by using the reply with quote feature.

As I mentioned in another thread...it would be nice to be able to "tag" or "mention" other members in a post...that way they would get an alert to check out that thread/post.

As I'm sure most know...using "@" followed by the usename...it embeds a link to the users profile and alerts them to the post.

I like to let others know when I'm talking about them :wink:

Also, I seem to get logged out after a very short time of inactivity, am I missing something?

You will then get an instant notification in your inbox.:wink:

I'm not sure our forum has the "tag" feature. :dunno:
WatchSteve will let us know.

If you click the "Remember Me" tab by the login you shouldn't be logged out after only a short period.

Members on your friends list can see what you post when they go to their user profile. We can always check that to see what's going on. Here's a bit of what I see in my profile right now...

• gman66 replied to a thread Aragon Matador Automatic in Aragon
    Ain't easy being a matador...
    see more

3 replies | 25 view(s)
  • image.php

Today, 11:38 AM
    leelovesbug replied to a thread Aragon Matador Automatic in Aragon
    see more

3 replies | 25 view(s)
  • image.php

Today, 11:36 AM
    roadwarrior replied to a thread Aragon Matador Automatic in Aragon
    The AMC Matador is an automobile model line built and marketed by American Motors Corporation (AMC) from 1971 to 1978. The Matador came in two...
    see more

3 replies | 25 view(s)
  • image.php

Today, 11:35 AM
    WatchSteve replied to a thread Member tagging in posts in Suggestions to the Forum
    If you click the "Remember Me" tab by the login you shouldn't be logged out after only a short period.

That feature is available with a modification if members want it added.

[MENTION=3146]repOman[/MENTION] I've added this feature for those that want to use it

Members on your friends list can see what you post when they go to their user profile. We can always check that to see what's going on. Here's a bit of what I see in my profile right now...

Gary...with the "mention" you'll get a notification telling you that you have been mentioned...that way you can go directly to that thread. I just think it'a a good way to let members know that you want them specifically to see what you have posted.
[MENTION=113]gman66[/MENTION]

Gary...with the "mention" you'll get a notification telling you that you have been mentioned...that way you can go directly to that thread. I just think it'a a good way to let members know that you want them specifically to see what you have posted.
[MENTION=113]gman66[/MENTION]

Of course I have to try it as well. :dance:

@gman66

Gotcha. I was just letting you know what was available at the time. :cheers:
(when I click on my name in your post, I'm sent to my profile.) :dunno:

Gotcha. I was just letting you know what was available at the time. :cheers:
(when I click on my name in your post, I'm sent to my profile.) :dunno:

The link to your profile is just an added feature I guess...it does that on all forums that use this.

It's just acknowledging the other members post is all.

Back
Top Bottom