Hello to all

Greetings, and salutations! Welcome aboard!:hat: It's great to have you with us. Come on in, and enjoy the company of a lot of fine folks who love watches. I hope you have a wonderful time here. Enjoy, my friend!:shake:

Welcome, best mods greatest admin and folks that have kindness as a natural trait

Welcome to Our Forum!:jump:

...& Thanx! For Joining!:good:

Howdy, aria c, and welcome to WIT, the best watch site for watch discussion. Why? Quite simply, because we are unfettered by personal prejudices about a given brand(s); we don't come to any discussion automatically thinking that Watch A sux like an Electrolux simply because it's sold on TV , or because it was found on feeBay, etc. We may not personally/individually like Watch A, but we respect each others' brand choices enough so as not to automatically go on the attack if it's presented in a positive light. Likewise, we don't automatically sing the praises of Watch B simply because it's a brand that most of us like; we take each model on its own merits and go from there.

We also treat each other with respect here; we eschew the personal attack methodology that other websites use as a common bludgeon just to shut up someone who's not following the pre-planned script that says, "Brand A is bad, therefore someone who buys Brand A is a bad person who should not be listened to or trusted." This, too, is far more prevalent than any of us want to believe, but trust me; it exists out there...in fact, in my own case, it has 'earned' me my very own stalker, who has tried to destroy my personal reputation, all because I fought back against the personal attacks made against me. Again, THAT kind of crockery doesn't exist here at WIT; it IS, as I like to call it, "a safe, well-lighted place for the open and honest discussion of Horology in general, various brands in particular, and each & every model within that brand." If a watch performs well, we sing its praises; if not, we're just as honest, but we do not go on the attack if someone happens to disagree with us; in the end, it's all a part of a well-conducted discussion that respects honest differences of opinion without resorting to ostracism or social exile.

Our Moderators are fair but firm, and they at NO time treat you like a misbehaving child. They don't see their job as punitive, but rather in a more facilitative light. (Hey! That really IS a word! Whatt'ya know about THAT! :wink:)

And that's IT from THIS proud WIT Member and Cub Reporter. This has more or less become my "greeting of choice" for new members, and I hope I haven't overdone it or become preachy. Please get to know us, jump in where you feel the most comfortable, and, above all else, have some FUN! And again, welcome to Watchintyme!

47479297132_f2a991fc57_z.jpg

Back
Top Bottom